More hj musicians

Thanks Received
Can anybody ID the instruments they are playing ?

Cheers ..................Steve

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Attachments

Last two ,

Attachments

no idea but love the pictures really great and the shoulder strap lyre being worn one thing for sure would not liked to have had my ear right by them

great steve

what instruments are they playing?

:usaI have never seen the horn like affair that these young men have,looks like a bagpipe without the bag,the box like instrument is called a Zither (sp) has a funny sound like plucking a steel string guitar in a barrel.There is a movie called the 39 Steps that had Zither music in it all the way through.sort of aggravating.

:usaI have never seen the horn like affair that these young men have,looks like a bagpipe without the bag,the box like instrument is called a Zither (sp) has a funny sound like plucking a steel string guitar in a barrel.There is a movie called the 39 Steps that had Zither music in it all the way through.sort of aggravating.

Hi Operaman ,

Was it the 39 steps or the third man filmed in Austria , or is it two aggravating films :001_unsure:
the pipes are a bit unusual....

Cheers ............Steve

Hj musicians

:usaYou know Steve I think you are right,it was Third Man, black and white early 50's movies.Good movie bad music

Hj Musicians

You know this forum is like the Oracle of Delphi one asks a question and it is answered.Thanks Henrik.

Thanks for the link Henrik great viewing:thumbup1:

While watching it i could not help but wonder if the HJ bands let their hair down after a night of practice ,

by the way im not musical in any sense but thought the music was very high pitched or do i need to change my battery

Great pics as usual Steve :thumb:

Good detective work Henrik. I was putting ever more abstract search queries into google in an attempt to find out what that instrument was called and didn't even get close :) Interesting photo for another reason actually because von Schirach issued an order on 24.1.1934 (still in effect late-war) which forbade these 'Schalmeikappellen'. No idea why but his order is getting the big 'ignore' on that photo :)

Back