Please login to view user info
    Interesting Paul , I cant make out the what the second patch is , I dont think this boy would wear 2 motor HJ qualification patches at once . So I wonder just what the other patch is ?
    Last edited by joecool; 23rd June 2013 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joecool View Post
    Interesting Paul , I cant make out the what the second patch is , I dont think this boy would wear 2 motor HJ qualification patches at once . So I wonder just what the other patch is ?
    yes very odd. The pic is on waf for trades only or I would buy it

I think this guy is wearing the special arm-patch for drivers as introduced with
    orders from March 19,1937 (Verordnungsblatt V/7, page 73) and known as
    Fahrerarmscheibe. The boy looks quite young and I can't see any further
    detail and so I do not know if it is for sure! It could be as there is a truck behind
    him and he is also wearing a sort of crash-helmet.

I mention a special patch in my HJ-handbook on page 434, but this patch did not fall
    in the contents of the book and so I did not deepen out.

The patch is described as round and pink with an aluminum embroidered F. Officially the
    regular motor-patch was in such case no longer worn, but we all know that rules are there
    to be offended.

The photograph is anyway rare, due to the worn uniform-patch and helmet. I like such photograph
    pretty much!
    Last edited by wilhelm saris; 24th June 2013 at 08:13 AM.

I agree with Wim's comment.

More info here and a pic here.

As Wim and Joe say here, there is an oval patch that looks similar but it's not HJ

Just a short extra note - not having to do with HJ - but there are much more patches
    having the F. Those that I could find in a quick way:
    a) NSKK for Fahrmeister and oval with aluminum woven letter;
    b) Luftwaffe and army, not for drivers, but an oval with the F for [B]Feuerwerker[B].
    If I find more I will let you know, but RAD, the Waffen-SS, TeNo nor Transportkorps
    Speer did have the F-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by PAUL AYERST View Post
    here is a very interesting pic off waf, a motor HJ kid with two round patches on left arm
    You can see the photo in this thread https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f34...r-thread-8230/