New photo arrived today

Thanks Received
Received this in today’s mail, I really like this one. It’s a little larger than most and stamped on back “Foto-Papius, Haltern a. See”.

Not quite sure what area the triangle is from, anyone?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

sand castle competition or is it bunker building practice..... :tongue_smilie: nice pic

Close up of knife for RussellM

Attachments

nice pics, :drool:

Why do i always miss out on them on ebay. it semms to me all of them go to all off you guys, all the time.... :lol:

HJ/BDM pictures have reached outrageous prices nowadays. More than SS or elite Heer units sometimes. I noticed that especially DJ are very requested and bidded. It is interesting, because apparently there are not so many HJ/DJ/BDM collectors out there?

Yeah you'd think the obsession would be a lot more focused on SS stuff. But HJ photos are commanding just as much in a lot of cases. Weird. Man if it wasn't for the whole Nazi stigma, they'd be cheap as. Imagine what photos of American boy scouts from the same period are worth. I'm willing to bet not nearly as much.

I agree with you Pat! There's something fetish going on too. I have seen HJ/BDM pictures (simple ones, just portraits or group photos) selling for 90/100 euro each. This is insane.
I started collecting militaria about 25 years ago and I learnt a basic rule at that time: I never buy anything that I cannot resell recovering my money. Of course, I made some exceptions as anyone else, but I still stick to it. I would never spend such money for these pictures.

Last edited:
Thanks for the close-up Richard! May be an early Anton Wingen Jr.

Regards

Russ

Last edited:
Back