Not a regulation Hitler Youth uniform in sight..

I really like the both photographs from post 11. The boys do have their collars "pinned" with a button.
This is very early, as it was also done by the SA before the 1925 re-organization.

Didn't somebody say (Heinrich): "I made it myself and that's good enough for me." That was often done.
I have an early SA order where it is said that cloth could be bought and the woman in the house could
make a brownshirt. In the beginning even insignia were handmade by "mom"!

So, the varying types of brassards with swastika's must be homemade mainly, I think. This was not
forbidden in the earlier years. With about 1931/1932 more strict regulations came into being. Finally
this lead into the "Herstellungsvorschriften der Reichszeugmeisterei" and not even then all what was
manufactured and worn, was according the regulations.
Many photographs do proof this, time and time again!!

Garry, Wim just sent me the following:

The photo says HJ, if this was not there I would immediately have said: Schulbann des NSS - Nat.Soz. Schülerbund, due to the use of the students-caps. And I still think they are!
With an order from April 1, 1933 the disbanding of the NS-Schülerbund in der HJ was ordered by von Schirach. From then on these school-groups were phrased as Schuldgruppen der HJ. There were quite some interesting notes about the incorporation: names like Standortschulführer, Unterbannschulführer, Bannschulführer and Gebietsschulführer.
The above information comes from issue 5 from April 13, 1933 from the "Verordnungsblatt der RJF der NSDAP".

Sorry 'bout the delay in replying to this. Thanks for the info :thumb:

Late, but never too late. It took me another, new chance to look at the shown photographs
and especially the girls-photograph in post 11, which looks really great.

I took a better look for the female in the middle. In my opinion she is obviously wearing a dress,
which in those days, was quite commonly worn at offices, bigger stores and factories.
Variations to this dress are known to be worn for example by females from the Deutsche Reichsbahn,
Deutsche Lufthansa or for example even at Peek & Cloppenburg. They all gave their own
"touch" to these silk dresses, often being dark-blue!

You don't have permission to view attachments.
(hope Pat Bateman doesn't mind!)

Deutsche Reichsbahn

Peek & Cloppenburg

Deutsche Lufthansa

Attachments

Last edited:
Back