Random HJ pictures from HJ cigarette card photo album

Thanks Received
Hi guys and gals,

One of my favorite pieces in my HJ collection is my HJ cigarette card/photo album.

Tonight I thought i would share some photo's from the book.

They cover HJ as well as BDM.

Hope you enjoy them.

-Craig

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Craig,

I really like your album, the images are really stunning.
Some members of this forum will be very surprised to see some pictures, including one with the drums.
This proves once again that in the early period, DJ and HJ did what they wanted and that did not really exist uniformity.
Thanks for the sharing

Best Regards
Eric

Some members of this forum will be very surprised to see some pictures, including one with the drums.
This proves once again that in the early period, DJ and HJ did what they wanted and that did not really exist uniformity.

Hi Eric,

I'm not sure what that means. I don't think that there can be any doubt among collectors that variation existed in the early period. In this specific case though, variation in musical instruments and musical formations is not necessarily indicative of a general disregard for the rules because the Kulturamt, which was responsible for issuing the guidelines on HJ, DJ and BDM musical formations, did not even exist until 1935 and it would be 1938 before the organisation of musical units and their instruments/equipment was complete. By that time, the DJ boys pictured in a couple of the photos would not even have been permitted to carry side drums because the DJ musical unit, the Fanfarenzug, did not have them. The larger drums had been standardised by then of course and I would think that most if not all of the drums pictured would have been repainted and therefore not available to the collector market today.

I may have misunderstood you though so please accept my apologies if that's the case!

The photo of the javelin thrower with a Sigrune on his shorts is interesting. I've not seen that before. Thank you for sharing the interesting photos.

Hi Eric,

I'm not sure what that means. I don't think that there can be any doubt among collectors that variation existed in the early period. In this specific case though, variation in musical instruments and musical formations is not necessarily indicative of a general disregard for the rules because the Kulturamt, which was responsible for issuing the guidelines on HJ, DJ and BDM musical formations, did not even exist until 1935 and it would be 1938 before the organisation of musical units and their instruments/equipment was complete. By that time, the DJ boys pictured in a couple of the photos would not even have been permitted to carry side drums because the DJ musical unit, the Fanfarenzug, did not have them. The larger drums had been standardised by then of course and I would think that most if not all of the drums pictured would have been repainted and therefore not available to the collector market today.

I may have misunderstood you though so please accept my apologies if that's the case!

Hi Garry,

I understand your reasoning and I agree 100%.
The problem does not arise in 1938, we all agree on that. The big worry is before 1935.
I guess that this album dates from 1934.
In my case, I tend to annoy me quickly when I read absurd things or I hear negative comments in militaria' show.

Most collectors look for good regulatory items without understanding history. Here is the problem !!!!!!

Most collectors look for good regulatory items without understanding history. Here is the problem !!!!!!

That is a fair point Eric and I totally agree. When I was collecting I had a few items that came from the early period but I wouldn't have been able to prove that using regulations and primary sources. It was the smell, feel and construction that never left me in any doubt. I think that our forum offers a very good balance between both of those angles :thumb:

Back