Really interesting DJ leader

Thanks Received
Hi mates,

here I have a really nice pic out of an interesting album.

Regards,
Sven.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Nice and rare photo of the DJ Leaders , dark blue 4 pocket uniform . Usually not seen post 1939.

a nice picture indeed !

I hope you don't mind I played a bit around on this one with PS

Attachments

I had the same thought Joe. It looks like he's a SS oberführer, it should not be impossible to ID, but so far he doesn't look familiar to me. Sven any writing on the album with location, date ?

ah! I just googled his rank and location and the first result is your own post on another forum I'm member :biggrin1:

However...maybe him?

SS-Oberführer Kurt Benson

Attachments

Last edited:
Absolutely OK, it's only a fast iPhone pic :) Very interesting is the HJ armband too.
The leader is a Jungbannführer.

Hi Sven,
quick question although there's a possibily to embarrass myself: how could you identify that the DJ leader is a Jungbannfuehrer?

And another quick one: what is the badge the SS Oberfuehrer is wearing on his left chest pocket? I mean I know the badge but I don't know what it is called (Swas in wreath, I think to remember there's a "1925" on top) - is it a Gauehrenzeichen? If so for which Gau?

Rgds and thx in advance

Daniel

Last edited:
Hi Daniel,

I have to look at home for the badge. The album is dedicated to the mayor of Rüsselsheim and was handed by This Jungbannführer.

Regards,
Sven.

Thanks Sven.

... and I thought you were able to see this on the photo by recognising certain uniform details ... I thought to myself "What do they know what you don't know" ...
Would be great if you or any other forum member could lift the secret about this badge. I know it of course from dealer's catalogues, but never paid attention what it actually is called - something in the back of my mind tells me it is a Gauehrenzeichen.

Rgds

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

yes, this badge is called "Allgemeines Gau-Ehrenzeichen für die Mitgliedschaft seit XXXX".

Regards,
Sven.

Thanks Sven.

... and I thought you were able to see this on the photo by recognising certain uniform details ... I thought to myself "What do they know what you don't know" ...
Would be great if you or any other forum member could lift the secret about this badge. I know it of course from dealer's catalogues, but never paid attention what it actually is called - something in the back of my mind tells me it is a Gauehrenzeichen.

Rgds

Daniel

Back