research- Melita Maschmann

Thanks Received
I am a journalist doing research for a documentary. I am interested in finding a photo of Melita Maschmann who wrote about her time in the Hitler youth movement. The book is called "Account rendered, a dossier of my former self"

Thank you

Thanks for getting back to me Garry - Any photo - I have found one of her in the 60s. I am hoping for a photo of her time during the war

Sorry about the delay Lynn. I've been through my library and wasn't able to find anything. The book you mentioned is, I assume, the translated version of 'Fazit, mein Weg in der Hitler-Jugend' which I was going to suggest but it clearly doesn't contain any pictures of her during her time in the BDM otherwise you wouldn't still be looking. There is another from Gisela Miller-Kipp 'Der Führer braucht mich' which contains an account from Melita Maschmann. Perhaps that contains a photo. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Ah, hang on. The cover of Maschmann's 'Fazit, mein Weg in der Hitler-Jugend' has a picture of a BDM girl which I assume is Melita.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

thanks

Garry that is great - I compared the photo you sent me with the one I found from the 60s. It is definetly her.
Is there a way I can get a higher resolution scan 8x10 at 300 dpi?
I can send you a copy of the documentary when we are finish
Thanks again Lynne

Excellent Lynne. Glad it's her. Yes, I'd love a copy of the documentary!

To get a better scan I think you'd need to get hold of the book to be honest. How long before you will desperately need the scan? I could certainly try a couple of friends to see if they have a copy they could scan. Can't promise anything though.

One of our members here may have a copy also.

Back