Some new HJ/BDM pictures

Thanks Received
for future reference,.today i would like to share with you some high quality HJ/BDM/DJ/JM photos i have recently added to my personal archives.enjoy.

cheers,
si

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You're invited to see them anytime you come to Barcelona!
Albrecht, I like your answer. It's easy to "harvest" photos off the Internet, and show them, like they are your own. We could all do that. But like you, I prefer to own the originals.

I have seen several of my photos on various Internet pages. I don't mind that my photos are downloaded, as long as it is for personal use only.

On this Forum, members should at least mention where the photos are from.

I have seen several of my photos on various Internet pages. On this Forum, members should at least mention where the photos are from.

A common, but objectionable and unspeakable habit these days! I call it scoring with other people's property: "adorn with borrowed plumes!"
It would be proper on any forum or elsewhere to credit the photo's with the name of the owner. It would even more be decent when permission
was asked.

At various forums I see specific persons (even lifetime members) show photographs from other collections by the numbers. I think they even are
proud by that as they continue in spite of the fact they were pointed out to that. The one or the other even removes the watermarks. I name this "stealing"!

I always try to credit a photo to the proper name in my books and articles. Occasionally, when a new book is being released, I am noted by the one
or the other about the fact a photo has the wrong credit. In many of such occasions the photo was reproduced - with allowance from the owener - but the
photographer later did as if it was his photo!! This is quite annoying.
But one must always think that from a photo various prints were made and so more the one photo can exist. Sample: three of my uncles were in the
German army. They had twelve brothers and sisters (and parents and girlfriends) and all of them got a specific portrait-photo, which was made for a special purpose.......

Last edited:
i did'nt claim to own these,i got these pictures online,& just thought they were cool & thought others might like to see them,in future i will keep them to myself,i would never claim something to be my own that is not.

si

We all learn much from period photos especially in the H.J. collecting arena. As Wim has suggested no harm in showing photos that have been put up somewhere online, and give credit if the source is known.

Photo watermarks

no problem wilhelm,i figure that the more photos we have on the forum for reference the better,.but i will credit from now on, i dont watermark my origionals i redline them,so we can still use them for reference',& that no-one can copy & re-issue them as origional,.well it makes it alot harder to do so anyway,but if everyone did that we would have no good photos of the HJ at all,but im like you i want my origional photographs to be unique,one of a kind & origional as possible,not re-produced 100 times over the net,.what do you think of redlining photos??? i think if someone is going to watermark an origional photo do it translucent & very large & diagonal,not just a little mark on the bottom corner.i think it would be a good idea to have an archive on the forum,what do you think?:thumb:

si

Attachments

I will look into changing the current forum watermark. It's difficult to implement one that caters for all sizes of photo that might be uploaded to the forum but I will play around with it and if I can find a way of getting it to display vertically/diagonally without being too obtrusive.

Back