Some unusual HJ portrait photos

Well then, if it so easy to insert content which was blacked out (such as the badge on Garry's example), then that raises a question.

If I see a photo on Ebay which shows someone wearing a rare badge or something, how likely is it that it could have been inserted in there to jack up the value?

You don't have permission to view attachments.
I think the best way to protect your photos is to blow up a section and overlay a part of the photo thereby hiding important info from 'photoshoppers'. It's impossible to reconstruct a picture like this. This kind of photo is great for collectors who want to see the details but crap for the unscrupulous.
yes but now you have to teach me how to do that :D

I use Photoshop Matt but you can get a pretty good result in Windows Paint too.
Load the photo you need into Paint
Use the square to mark the section of the photo you need to blow up
Copy that section, open a new instance of Paint and paste the selection into it
Resize and then copy/paste the selection back on top of the original picture.
Save, done :)

Attachments

Well then, if it so easy to insert content which was blacked out (such as the badge on Garry's example), then that raises a question.

If I see a photo on Ebay which shows someone wearing a rare badge or something, how likely is it that it could have been inserted in there to jack up the value?

It's unlikely Pat but sadly possible. A manipulated photo would still need to be transferred convincingly onto period photo paper though and that would be beyond the capabilities of your average scamster I think. Best thing to do is stick the seller's picture on a forum and see whether the photo is known.

thanks! I'll give it a try. I like the oval macro

Make sure you place the pasted section somewhere where it will be difficult to reconstruct the background though Matt.

This seller didn't which made it easy to fill in the missing part of the hillside.

Attachments

Back