Some unusual HJ portrait photos

Thanks Received
Here are some more really interesting portrait photos:drool:
The last one is an absulutely highlight photo - hope you understand
that I used a digicam only and that I don't want to show more of this
rare piece. Enjoy!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The third photo is superb. DJ with the thin straps on BOTH shoulders!! Also wearing what looks like a party pin on his pocket. Great photo showing unofficial wearing of shoulder straps, fantastic.

The third photo is superb. DJ with the thin straps on BOTH shoulders!! Also wearing what looks like a party pin on his pocket. Great photo showing unofficial wearing of shoulder straps, fantastic.

Yeah, I thought I'm looking wrong as I had it in my hands the first time.

Last edited:
Hello,could you post the full picture of the 4th one? waffen ss summer tunic with Volkssturm armband ...interesting!

Hello,could you post the full picture of the 4th one? waffen ss summer tunic with Volkssturm armband ...interesting!

I'm sorry, I won't post it in full size. It's a HJ boy with HJ buckle and HJ straps
(Bann Braunau/Inn !!!) with SS summer tunic, summer cap and VS armband.
It's one of the rarest portrait photos I've ever seen.

if you are worried about people copying the pic why not put your name through it before posting or even lines so its useless to anyone, i understand your reasons but if we all didnt show anything rare we found then the forum would be full of members pins and nothing else, many members here show some very rare stuff indeed and i realise its easeier to copy a pic direct from the forum whereas you cant a badge thats why i suggest you watermark it before posting

Last edited:
The problem are the faker of reproduction photos. My main interest is in LW photos
and I'm publishing them. But fake traders copied lots of them or gather scans from
internet forums to make their own business.
A really rare medal or badge is great but nobody uses the pics directly for making
business. Also most HJ collectibles are "mass" produced or more often as a photo.
About copy protection: if you use Photoshop most copy protections are nonsense.
I scanned only a part of an absolutely rare photo as protection but if you don't like,
I stop posting photos here, it's no problem for me. You may edit my post.

no prob whatsoever , i think like myself most of us would have liked to have seen the rare pic but if you feel unsafe in doing so and do not believe watermarking gives you protection then its your choice :thumbup1:,

watermarking big enough to include main parts of the picture cannot be erased by photoshop. I do mark all my pictures for the same reason. And some of my pictures are or will be appearing on books too (not the HJ stuff). But you should share what you feel you want to share, so for me it is ok if you want to keep private that picture.

I have to say that I agree with your take here Hohenlohe. Removing protection from a photo is quite easy if it's not too invasive and although I too would love to see the rest of that particular photo too I'm grateful that at least part of it can be seen.

Just as a quick example here's one I played with last year. Okay, this isn't difficult protection but I cleared it off, squared it up and stuck a membership pin on him in around 1 hour. I would never do this for any other reason than the challenge but not all people are like that unfortunately..

Attachments

to be honest
i never relised how easy it was too remove watermarks i thought once applied it made the pic useless to the faker i was obviously wrong as garry has proved,i think like the others would have just liked to have seen the pic but i toally respect your choice and understand better now your reasons :thumbup1:

Thanks a lot for understanding me. My photo was very expensive, I think you could buy some really
nice badges or maybe a nice brown shirt or something else for the Eur I paid but it was worth for me.
I'm no collector who only wants to gather photos without sharing but most of my collectibles shall
be published in high quality books when the right time has come - as researching work for all people
who are interested in. For example the new Saris book. It's worth to have been supported. Sorry for
my bad English gramma :) Or if you know the books of D. Maerz about KC and German cross.

I'm sorry, I won't post it in full size. It's a HJ boy with HJ buckle and HJ straps
(Bann Braunau/Inn !!!) with SS summer tunic, summer cap and VS armband.
It's one of the rarest portrait photos I've ever seen.

Sorry, are you saying that this is an HJj from Branau am Inn Hitlers birth place?!

Yes Nick, Braunau-Inn was Bann 540. There was another Braunau in the Sudetenland but that was Bann 607.

Edit: well, I'm saying yes but I haven't actually seen the pic so only Hohenlohe will know which Braunau the boy was from assuming the numbers on the straps are legible on the photo

I think the best way to protect your photos is to blow up a section and overlay a part of the photo thereby hiding important info from 'photoshoppers'. It's impossible to reconstruct a picture like this. This kind of photo is great for collectors who want to see the details but crap for the unscrupulous.

Attachments

Back