someone colorized this BDM pic...

Thanks Received
...tie should be black, but otherwise pretty good...original ID card is on Chris's excellent site.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I would say it looks like a bad coloring job, but i couldn't do better, and dont know what it entails. I do know that Garry does this too, and achieves excellent results!

I think Garry would have had a much better result, when I take a look
at the ones I know from him!
No Doubt. He did me proud with the image being used for the front cover of my book. The original image was damaged as well, but still a fantastic job was done.
The question of whether i will give him credit for this image in my book is another matter, knowing "me" and the way i am, probably not!
LOL:swiss

To be fair though, the first colorized image is far better than anything i could ever do. I am just not a Photoshop guy at all, and only know the very basics!

Attachments

Thanks chaps :) The 'secret' to getting good results is to use layers. The pic in post 1 looks like it was all done on one layer which leaves no control over the individual colour intensities and opacity/fill. The SA chap Jo shows there, for example, has 12 layers (shirt, badge, armband etc etc)

Post 4 colored SA picture looks extremely great.
I do have however one question: the shoulder-belt looks like black?

For regular SA it should be darker-brown (Schokoladebraun/dunkelbraun).
Anyway according the RZM regulations from 1938 and the introduction for
the color for the leather for SA-Wehrmannschaft in December 1939. So, the
shoulder-belt anyway should have a trace of darker brown somewhere.

By use the belt look often quite dark. I hope I see black and it indeed
actually is darker brown??

Last edited:
Hi Wim,

Yes, it does look a little dark there but here's a zoom of the strap. Definitely dark-brown :thumb:

Attachments

And lets not forget Mr. SA-Man, also done by Garry!

Attachments

Nice work, all....Here was the original pic, so they had to make some edits to it, in addition to colorizing. I tried using Corel, but I couldn't figure it out.

Attachments

Hi,

It's fiddly but not toooo difficult to remove things like the stamp. I don't know Corel but in Photoshop I would use the clone stamp for cleaning up areas like that. I would clone clean parts of the blouse over the damaged areas and then tidy from there. Fiddly though as I say.

Back