Unusual jacket with zipper, edelweiss, triangle and schoulderstrap.

Thanks Received
Here is an unusual HJ shirt/jacket with a zipper, Edelweiss on left collar, triangle and a single shoulderstrap on right shoulder.

The photographer is from Budweiz. Could be Budweis in Sudetenland (Today: České Budějovice in Czech Republic).

Only letter seen on triangle looks like "O"

Anyone have information or comments?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Difficult to tell Henrik but is that a cloth or metal Edelweiss?

I think that it is a "traditional" metal edelweiss.
As I remember in some german territories (gebiets or banns) the wearing of edelweiss as collar tabs was normal, traditionally.
(I haven`t found fotos, but I see it somewhere).
I anybody will show another fotos with this edelweiss I think we can say more exact what triangle he have.
It seems like Ost?

Attachments

Hello Cemifor,

my opinion is that he's wearing the sport suit top, with all the insignias attached to it. This is not the first pic I see with sport jackets.
Some have half zip, some full. The edelweiss is a traditional one, they are not rare to find. They resemble very closely the austro-hungarian edelweiss from WW1 but they are RZM marked and slightly different.

my opinion is that he's wearing the sport suit top, with all the insignias attached to it.

This is my thought as well. I am not sure why he would have all his insignia affixed to the sports top but the type of material and zipper remind me of the sports top.

Here is what I`m was saying about.

Attachments

hello, this is the edelweiss they both are wearing

Attachments

Here's another zipper example with attached triangle, sports/BDM patch and a tinnie.

Attachments

Nice pic Henrik and a good example of yet another HJ ignoring the rules :) In this case the one about not wearing the triangle on the tracksuit (Übungsanzug). Actually though he is more 'correct' than the other chap who doesn't even have the cloth diamond on his.

Back