Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

very early march

is that a marine collar on one of the boys?

Attached Images Attached Images

double click to enlarge

Why does the Swaz flag seem odd to me?

home made maybe? look at the flag stick

I assume around 1929 .

yes he he's wearing a Marine collar with an anchor patch on his arm.But what is the first boy wearing on his arm looks like a skull of some sort.

My guess is that it is a school boy outfit common in the 20s early 30s and has not much to do with "marine" hj.

The entire outfit is clearly, to me, early hj, but I think those are just the clothes they had.

The skull though is what I find interesting on the lead kid. However, the skull per se did not mean much based on German military history. Hussars had them, so perhaps just something the leader told him to wear.

Beitzen

The armband doesn't look like a skull to me when I enlarge the photo. It looks more like an armband similar to this one. Also look at the boy under the flag who appears to wear the same armband. Photo is from WAF and appears to have fake stamp added to it or be a reproduction.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great photo! I agree with Darin, the armbands being worn by the two boys look like the one above. I would guess homemade flag as well, being very early.

Regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    The armband doesn't look like a skull to me when I enlarge the photo. It looks more like an armband similar to this one. Also look at the boy under the flag who appears to wear the same armband. Photo is from WAF and appears to have fake stamp added to it or be a reproduction.
    I agree with this . pretty sure its a armband as shown here. Altough the angle the band is in, makes it hard to see. Only after enlarging it , it becomes more clear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast