What is this insignia on this HJ Landdienst Members Unform?

Thanks Received
Nice photo of a Landienst member from Ost/Wartheland showing an unusual insignia on the lower sleeve, and an odd Landienst cuff title. Also an interesting tunic with a badge of some sort on the breast.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

It's the bronze "Eretrouwteken", also known as the R. Tollenaere-trouwteken.
It was granted to members of the Belgium VNV (Vlaams Nationaal Verbond). In the bar
for the wolf-hook the word "TROUW" is positioned. In the larger part for the circle
it says: AAN R.TOLLENAERE KOPZY JAN.1942. A sword is from upper right up through
lower left positioned.The R. stands for Reimond. He was killed at Koptsy, near Veliki
Novgorod, January 22,1942.
I do not have a picture of the badge, but eventually can scan a drawing. I did: here it is!

The cufftitle is "Germanischer Landdienst"

Attachments

Last edited:
Here's a photo from Thuispagina I nieuweorde.be

It's the bronze "Eretrouwteken", also known as the R. Tollenaere-trouwteken.
It was granted to members of the Belgium VNV (Vlaams Nationaal Verbond). In the bar
for the wolf-hook the word "TROUW" is positioned. In the larger part for the circle
it says: AAN R.TOLLENAERE KOPZY JAN.1942. A sword is from upper right up through
lower left positioned.The R. stands for Reimond. He was killed at Koptsy, near Veliki
Novgorod, January 22,1942.
I do not have a picture of the badge, but eventually can scan a drawing. I did: here it is!

The cufftitle is "Germanischer Landdienst"

Attachments

I don't have the full photo, only this portion of it that I lifted from the net. What does the Landienst cuff title say before "Landienst"? And thank you all for the responses!

Gaby Boelaert from the VNV (Vlaams National Verbond), who was a camp-leader for the
"Germanischer Landdienst" at Warthegau (Wartheland) She was photographed at Leslau on
February 2, 1943. See the worn cuffband with close-up. Upon the left lower arm the patch
known as "Blauwvoet".

Girls and boys from the "Germanischer Landdienst" from the HJ from Flanders, wearing the Flemish
lion and cuffband, waiting for their farmer from the "Kreisbauernschaft" at the Warthegau. The worn
triangle will have been the version for "Ost Wartheland", the number upon the shoulder-strap being
the number for the Bann they were assigned to! When their camp was at Leslau the number will have
been 662 (it is possible it could be another number as there were various camps in the Warthegau!)

(both photographs once were property from my Belgium friend Jan Vincx from Herentals and used in his
series "Vlaanderen in Uniform")

Attachments

Last edited:
Wim, thank you very much for the information and the photos, spectacular! Does anyone have one of the Germanischer Landienst cuff titles in their collection to show?

Back