Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Please login to view user info
    I am sorry but I do not quite understand the intention of your remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Gismo View Post
    I am sorry but I do not quite understand the intention of your remark.
    Dyslexia means that you often confuse left with right, get numbers mixed around etc... he was referring to the HJ-Boy in the photo, but i do believe that a few HJ-Research Forum members have this horrible ailment as well.

Well, I was not sure of which boy it was refered to. The boy on the picture in Bakers book who also has his shoulder board on the right shoulder was probably not ill as it was his mother who sewed on the shoulder board.

Well, I was not sure of which boy it was refered to. The boy on the picture in Bakers book who also has his shoulder board on the right shoulder was probably not ill as it was his mother who sewed on the shoulder board.
    When i was at school, we had to sew and KNIT ! I dont see that being any different in Germany at that time. Who knows, maybe his Oma, maybe big sister, maybe he sewed it on. Impossible to say, and not even really something to speculate on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Rivett View Post
    When i was at school, we had to sew and KNIT ! I dont see that being any different in Germany at that time. Who knows, maybe his Oma, maybe big sister, maybe he sewed it on. Impossible to say, and not even really something to speculate on.
    Jo Rivett, interesting information you provide. I did not know that Phil Baker speculated in his books. I always thought his information to be correct.

Hi,

I saw at one time a picture of youth, lined-up, ready to be inspected by leaders of the HJ.
    The thing that stroke me, was the fact that these boys wore there leather shoulderstrap the other way around.
    (so from the LEFT shoulder downwards)

This was apparently in the beginning, the early days of the movement.
    Could this be a remnant of this period????
    Just guessing here, so don't shoot me down, if this has nothing to do with it.

Since German regulations are somewhat strict and considering the fact, this is a fairly young boy, that he would have made a mistake in putting his schoulderboard on the wrong side AND that his family and or tutors would have allowed him to be photographed that way, does not seem a plausible explaination to me.

But again that is only my humble opinion, I'm by no means an expert on this matter.
    Just thinking outloud here with all you guys.
    That's what a forum is all about, right?
    Sharing each others thoughts and trying to resolve the question that has been asked.

So far the possible explanation of Wim (wrong development of the pictures does seem plausible to me, but sorry I'm not a fan of photography either, so is this possible.....I think it is?)

wizardelf

Jo Rivett, interesting information you provide. I did not know that Phil Baker speculated in his books. I always thought his information to be correct.
    .. Gismo....You didn't know that Baker speculated in his books? ()
    Torf Einsatz 1943 badge ?
    OK, i`m off to cut some "Torf" now
    Just guessing here, so don't shoot me down, if this has nothing to do with it.
    Wizardelf, they`ll be no shooting here, not on my watch.

Jo,

This, of course was just a figure of speach,

wizardelf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12