Who is this HJ-Gebietsführer?

Thanks Received
Hello all,

I got this postcard-size photo last week. It was taken in 1934/5 in Ballenstedt. My question is this: is this a Gebietsführer and might one be able to find out his name?

Hallo zusammen,

dieses schöne Foto in PK-Größe habe ich letzte Woche bekommen. Entstanden ist es ca. 1934/35 in Ballenstedt. Nun meine Frage, handelt es sich um einen HJ- Gebietsführer und könnte man eventuell den Namen herausbekommen?

Danke und Gruß
Jens

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Jens,

This is Kurt Kräft who was the first HJ-Gebietsführer of Gebiet 23 Mittelelbe on its formation in May 1934. He held the position until June 1936.

Here is a little information about his NS career:

German

Hallo Garry,

Many thanks for your help

vielen herzlichen Dank für deine Hilfe!!!!

Gruß Jens

Hallo Garry,

I also have an unknown HJ-Stammführer who was later awarded the DKiG in gold as a lieutenant. Is there a possibility that his name could be established?

Ich habe noch einen unbekannten HJ Stammführer, der später als Leutnant mit dem Deutschen Kreuz in Gold ausgezeichnet wurde. Besteht da die Möglichkeit, den Namen hieraus zu ermitteln?

Danke und Gruß
Jens

That's a more difficult proposition Jens but if you tell us everything you know about him it might be possible to name him with a little digging.

Hallo Garry,

All I have are the pictures. He was part of Gefolgschaft 3 Ballenstedt. As lieutenant he was with Infantry Regiment 12 in Blankenburg or Quedlinburg?? Unfortunately I don't have any further detail.

die Bilder sind das Einzige was ich habe. Gehört hat er zur Gefolgschaft 3 Ballenstedt. Als Leutnant tat er seinen Dienst wohl im Infanterie-Regiment 12 mit Standort in Blankenburg oder Quedlinburg?? Mehr habe ich leider nicht.

Gruß Jens

Attachments

Another nice photo. Unfortunately you're going to need a stroke of luck I think. If you have a spare month you could plough through the list at World War 2 Awards :)

Hi Gary,

Let's see if I get lucky

mal sehen, ob ich da fündig werde!

Gruß Jens

Hallo!

Can the Gebietsführer standing next to Kraft be identified?

kann man den Gebietsführer neben Kurt Kräft auch identifizieren?

Gruß Jens

Another nice photo. Unfortunately you're going to need a stroke of luck I think. If you have a spare month you could plough through the list at World War 2 Awards :)

Here's one from Axis History Forum • View topic - Awardholders / unit

German Cross in Gold
Krause, Rudolf ("Rudi"), 08.05.1945, Leutnant d.R., Führer Panzerjagdkommando Krause
[= formation (and sent into action by) of HJ-Gebietsführer 5, Stettin (HJ-Gebiet Pommern, Gebietsfhr. Gerd Wegner)]
[action at PYRITZ, southeast of STETTIN, 1.-9. Feb 45 ; attached to Kampfgruppe Weiss / XXXII. AK / Pz.AOK 3 ; Kgr. Weiss attached to : Division "Denecke" (or "Gruppe Denecke") until 7 Feb 45 ; 4. SS-Pol.-Pz.Gren.Div. since 7 Feb 45]

Back