Adolf Hitler Schule Ausweis

Thanks Received
I've been meaning to post this for some time now and finally, I've managed to photograph it: a Studentenausweis der Adolf Hitler Schule for a boy at Crössinsee initially, and subsequently Sonthofen.

These would seem to be rather rare. Personally, I have only ever seen one other AHS Ausweis (a different format to my one) offered for sale and that was some years back. In fact, I've seen KZ related ausweis posted on the web far more frequently.

Of course, if anyone else has one, please post.

Best,
Toby.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Thanks Ewan. Visually it's not the best I've seen but in terms of rarity, and interest factor, it has to be up there.

Great Toby thanks for showing us. Just for fun what would that Studentenausweis der Adolf Hitler Schule cost ?

Brad

Hi Toby
The school that this particular chap went to, is now called the Generaloberst-Beck-Kaserne.
There are some strange School/Study IDs about for sure. Yours is not shown in the (albeit) small Patzwall HJ Documents book, and neither is this one that i sold last week, a DF Ausweis. (Deutsche Fachschulschaft) Now, to find the DF Membership badge would be a treat !
Cheers, Jo

Attachments

Great Toby thanks for showing us. Just for fun what would that Studentenausweis der Adolf Hitler Schule cost ?

Brad

Hard to say Brad since it is so difficult to find anything on the market to compare with.

Hi Toby
The school that this particular chap went to, is now called the Generaloberst-Beck-Kaserne.
There are some strange School/Study IDs about for sure. Yours is not shown in the (albeit) small Patzwall HJ Documents book, and neither is this one that i sold last week, a DF Ausweis. (Deutsche Fachschulschaft) Now, to find the DF Membership badge would be a treat !
Cheers, Jo

Hi Jo,

Thanks for your post. I've looked at the school a few times on the web; interesting to see what became of it.

I'm also fortunate enough to own a very comprehensive photo group (2x albums) to a boy who was at Sonthofen. Subsequently served with GD as I believe was quite common with graduates of the AHS system.

I have the Patzwall book too. Alas, it is rather basic in its contents. Actually I notice even the Saris insignia book does not include a true AHS ausweis, so presumably Jeff Hammond does not have one in his collection, since he is the source for the documents contained therein.

And ... very interesting Ausweis you show - a first for me. Although, I can't help but think I've seen the badge before somewhere, I may however be confusing it with the youth cycling badge.

Best,
Toby.

Interesting ID Jo. Yes, that Patzwall book is begging to be joined by a fatter second part. Hope he gets a better scanner though as the one he used was useless....

Hope he gets a better scanner though as the one he used was useless....
LOL, yeah but that was over 20 years back, and i guess he would have scanned already scanned b/w copies that were sent to him via post , that was, remember, the days before eMail and EDV :closedeyes:
Agreed, a new Youth Identification docs book is long overdue.

@Toby, yes it does look a bit like the common bronze cycling badge, but it is enameled though and did exist. Maybe one day ....
The DF must have also been a bunch of better-than-the-rest, as the stamps on the DF document show that this chappy also went to an Adolf Hitler Gauschule. In any case, i never had or saw one before of either yours or mine.

Last edited:
Back