Adolf Hitler Schule Graduation Urkunde

Thanks Received
Here's a favourite piece from my own collection: Graduation Urkunde for the completion of 5 Years at the Adolf Hitler Schule Sonthofen. The Urkunde is signed by both Robert Ley and Baldur von Schirach.

I would imagine that only a relatively small number of students would have actually been able to graduate, and suspect such documents are very rare. The only other example I have seen is credited to Huesken and illustrated in Littlejohn's HJ Book.

@ Garry - Any idea how many graduates there would have been?

Hope you like it.

All the best,
Toby.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Very nice Toby. Rare indeed. Klüver's figures for the first wave of AHS students who started in 1937 show that around 200 of them successfully completed their studies in 1942. I know from the RJF regulations which govern the selection of AHS students that the class size was increased in 1942 but only minimally. So, if we go with Klüver's figures you have one of around 200-250 of these certificates.

Thanks for the info Garry.

Presumably, a further two waves of students would have graduated, i.e. 1943 and 1944. So, approx. 750 in total?

That's right Toby. The figure of 200-250 is the total of all boys who graduated from the AHS schools per year starting in 1942. This makes your certificate one of only 20 or so awarded at Sonthofen in 1944.

Very interesting!

That might explain why there are so few people in the line-up, in the press photo I have of the presentation ceremony.

I'll dig it out and post a scan.

thats a lovely document toby thanks for showing chances are this is the only one most of us will ever see,
by the way is it poss for a site sponsor to have his acc deleated:laugh:

by the way is it poss for a site sponsor to have his acc deleated:laugh:

:) No. Don't worry about that notice you see Toby. It's not meant for you. If it's any consolation you won't see it for another 30 days :)

wow, only 200-250 graduated a year.

this would mean you have a very great and extremely rare document in your collection.

congrats!:drool:

Very nice toby you have a grand item there cheers steve

Thanks for all the comments. I was very pleased to be able to acquire it.

Note to self: still need to post that photo I mentioned earlier!

Best,
Toby.

Back