Can anyone read this girl's name?

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
:frusty:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Maybe rather Grethe (much more common than Gretha, Gretha was rather Dutch and Niederdeutsch and not common in Southern or Eastern parts). One can not make out a real difference between a and e here.
Last name: ?enschert. I see an sch there. The first letter is not going below the line (which it should if it was to be J) but I have my doubts with any other letter as well. Could be a G, but her G in Grethe is different. Could be an A or maybe an L.
A lot of maybes here.

"Hertha Jenschert"

Maybe rather Grethe (much more common than Gretha, Gretha was rather Dutch and Niederdeutsch and not common in Southern or Eastern parts). One can not make out a real difference between a and e here.
Last name: ?enschert. I see an sch there. The first letter is not going below the line (which it should if it was to be J) but I have my doubts with any other letter as well. Could be a G, but her G in Grethe is different. Could be an A or maybe an L.
A lot of maybes here.

"Hertha Jenschert"

I took another look at the name. The last letter in the first name is "a". I have changed my mind about the the first name, it could be "Hertha".

I'm quite sure that the last name is Jenschert (Ienschert). In old German handwriting the capital "J" does not have to go below the line. It's the same in Danish. The name Jens Christian is often shortened to I. P.

Old German and Danish handwriting are wery similar, and German was an official language in Denmark until 1864 and was spoken by 40% of the population.

Back