Deutsches Jugendfest 1934 certificate

mkholst

Thanks Received
I have this oversize document ( size A3), I have seen them in size A4, so they must be made in at least 2 sizes, do somebody have an explanation on that ??

I have seen 4 other posts on this forum with 1934-document - among them: Award document - Deutsches Jugendfest 1934 - but all are "signed" by Baldur von S. + 1 more, mine is "signed" by von Hindenburg. It would be natural, that they were printet with the same signature. Any explanation ??

Pic 1 is of the document (do not fill the frame 100% from side to side, look at the sidelines, is also folded a bit upper and lower) - pic 2 is taken so you can compare with "normal size" documents.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Hello Guys - come on - 1 week has gone without any comment on this post - some of you MUST know just a LITTLE about this documents - PLEASE

Michael

The Hitler Youth took control of many events/organisations/institutions and the Jugendfest was one of them. Hindenburg died in 1934 so perhaps this is the reason for the difference.

Hi Garry - thanks for your input, I was not aware of the fact that Hindenburg died i 1934, so you may have a point there. But it do not explane why Baldur von S. have "signed" some of the 1934 documents.

Could it be so, that documents were made by local printhouses ? it could explain the different "signatures" and the different sizes ?

Michael

I checked a few certificates and made a little statistic, but it does not explain when the two types of certificates were used. Maybe except that there were fewer certificates with Hindenburg's signature. The numbers of certificates I checked is too small to say anything definitively.

Hindenburg signature:

• Sieg
  • Sieg
  • Sieg 54 Punkte

Schirach and Tschammer signature

• Sieg 41 Punkte
  • Sieg (BDM)
  • Sieg
  • Sieg 51 Punkte
  • Sieg (BDM)
  • Sieg 43 Punkte (BDM)
  • Sieg