Deutschland erwacht, trading card number 73

Thanks Received
When I recently found this card I was wondering about the side cap the boy in the middle is wearing. What is it?
I do have a quite similar side cap from one of the many pre HJ scout associations. (That is what I am collecting!)
But I don't think the HJ would have allowed to wear anything that obvious from former boy scout organisations.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The cap you show does look the same to me. The photo is obviously an early one, note the large non standard Sigrunes, lack of Gebiet triangles and shoulder straps on the uniforms and the Sigrunes on the flags. It seems in the early days regulations were not so clearly followed sometimes from what we see in period photos. I don't know for sure but the cap sure looks like the one in the photo. I know Wim has a lot of knowledge of headgear perhaps he has some insight or further information. Neat looking cap by the way.

Wow !
That is the earliest cap I have seen ...what a great find.
Thank you for posting this super rare example .

Another scout side cap

Thank you for your comments.
Please be aware that the shown DJ side cap on the photo has an "overlapping" of the right side upon the left side.
Has anybody ever seen such a side cap? In the picture it was worn on the 1933 Reichsparteitag.
All my scout side caps from that time show the overlapping the other way around:
the left side is overlapping the right side. Here another scout side cap.

Attachments

Back