Hitlerjugend Flandern Stamm XV Lüttich registration card

Thanks Received
"Hitler Jungend Flandern Stamm XV Lüttich"

Hi

interesting document of the HJ Flandern ( belgium ), a registration form

You don't have permission to view attachments.

@+, hughes

Attachments

Hello !
Very interesting indeed !
The family of this boy (Serge Walter Jules Louis D.) was mostly from the "german speaking" part of Belgium (Malmédy), thus considered as being a part of the Reich between 1940 and 1944 ! So, his nationality is "Reichsdeutsch" .
It's interesting to see he's in the "Hitler Jugend Flandern", Stamm XV, Lüttich (Liège).
Thanks for this document !
YB.

Hello !
Very interesting indeed !
The family of this boy (Serge Walter Jules Louis D.) was mostly from the "german speaking" part of Belgium (Malmédy), thus considered as being a part of the Reich between 1940 and 1944 ! So, his nationality is "Reichsdeutsch" .
It's interesting to see he's in the "Hitler Jugend Flandern", Stamm XV, Lüttich (Liège).
Thanks for this document !
YB.

I'm not an expert on this domain, but being from Luik/ Liège/ Luttich, one would think that this boy was Frenchspeaking.
So I don't exactly understand how he came to the; "Hitler Jugend Flandern".
Can somebody clarify this for me.
Mike
:belgium

- Sure this boy was frenchspeaking, but as his family was from Malmédy, the part of Belgium annexed and integrated in Germany during the war (as was Alsace-Lorraine with the same problems for the people), maybe for the HJ organization this boy was considered as a german, and then entered the local branch of the HJ, even if he was frenchspeaking.
- Hitler Jugend Flandern had a subdivision for the frenchspeaking part of Belgium. (look at this thread http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f74/info-needed-uniform-hj-vlaanderen-flandern-6460/ )Standort Luik
Stamm XV Walenland (=Wallonia)

Let's hope somebody has details about this "Stamm XV" !
YB

Back