Hitlerjugend HJ paper item, interesting

Thanks Received
Hey,

Thought it would be interesting to post this two documents of the HJ. I bought them together.

I know that it's a promotion to a Jungzugführer im Fahnlein 34/99 Herdecke Schill.
The next paper item is a list of potential Jungzugführers I guess?
Does anyone know why the SS-Unterscharführer signed the document too? Was that common?

Greetings,

Jeffrey

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Nice. These 'Standortführer' were introduced in 1937/8 and acted as executive liaison officers between the HJ and the party (there was much more to it than this and would be a good subject for a new thread actually).

As the war progressed and more and more HJ leaders were called up for active service, serious leadership and organisational problems developed and to combat this the system of 'K-Führer' (Kriegs-Führer) was introduced whereby personnel (often of a much lower rank and age than had been employed in peacetime - sometimes these personnel were not even members of the HJ) were appointed as 'K-Führer' to temporarily lead the various HJ, DJ, BDM and JM units/offices.

As I say, there is a lot more to this but basically that is why the SS man signed this document.

The second document is a list of boys who were also considered for the promotion shown on document 1.

Nice. These 'Standortführer' were introduced in 1937/8 and acted as liaison officers between the HJ and the party (there was much more to it than this and would be a good subject for a new thread actually).

As the war progressed and more and more HJ leaders were called up for active service, serious leadership and organisational problems developed and to combat this the system of 'K-Führer' (Kriegs-Führer) was introduced whereby personnel (often of a much lower rank and age than had been employed in peacetime - sometimes these personnel were not even members of the HJ) were appointed as 'K-Führer' to temporarily lead the various HJ, DJ, BDM and JM units/offices.

As I say, there is a lot more to this but basically that is why the SS man signed this document.

The second document is a list of boys who were also considered for the promotion shown on document 1.

Thanks Gary, for the really detailed information :001_tt1:

But are these documents often seen?

thanks,

Jeffrey

Hi Jeffrey,

Promotion documents are not really that scarce but I like yours because it's late-war and has the SS man signing it as the Standortführer. These documents are all unique of course and for the boy/young man involved this was a great day I would imagine :)

Hi Jeffrey,

Promotion documents are not really that scarce but I like yours because it's late-war and has the SS man signing it as the Standortführer. These documents are all unique of course and for the boy/young man involved this was a great day I would imagine :)

Okay, just wondered ;)
But it's awesome to know much more about this now.
Thanks Garry!

Jeffrey

Back