HJ diamond stickers - what were they used for ?

The author seems to making a case for these HJ decals being there officially. I don't belive that for a second. Perhaps a few kids did slap them on but it certainly wasn't an instruction from the Reichsjugendfuhrung. Well, certainly not to my knowledge anyway.

I have just obtained period proof that shows these exact stickers being used for model gliders. It is of my believe that these had been produced simply for models based on this photo. It belongs to a personal photo album in my collection of an HJ boys glider building and NSFK work. There are more photos that I am searching through that show the building process of multiple kinds of gliders. One photo also shows NSFK decals being used.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Just came across some info showing that these stickers were indeed intended for use on model gliders. In October 1943 an instruction was issued by Gebiet 21 Baden stating that each Bann was to receive a number of the stickers and that they were to be positioned on the models exactly as they are on Kyle's photo above.

Further to the above, here is an instruction from 1942 referencing the agreement between the RJF and NSFK reached in January of the same year (2nd pic below) regarding the marking of HJ and DJ airplane models:

"In accordance with the agreement reached between the RJF and NSFK, all glider models made by members of the DJ and HJ must display a HJ badge on either side of the rudder....the badges will be supplied by the RJF and will be delivered to the Banne in due course."

There is an earlier reference from 1939 which states that models made by the HJ and used in competitions must have the HJ diamond design either painted or glued onto each side of the tailplane but there is no mention of the NSFK symbol. Perhaps there was some argument about competencies at some point which eventually led to the 1942 agreement below:

Agreement between the RJF and NSFK formalising the marking of model airplanes made/used by the DJ and HJ and showing that the RJF was responsible for delivering the diamonds to the Banne for onward distribution:

Attachments

Back