HJ Dienstkarte

Thanks Received
Hi guys~

Here is a document that I have had put away for a while now. It's a simple HJ Dienstkarte for a young woman. It looks like she was assigned to JM Gruppe 5/6 in Danzig.

I liked the colorized photo and the fact that it was from Danzig so late in the war. Does anyone have any more info on JM Gruppe 5/6 in Danzig?

Thanks for looking...
Weibliche

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Thanks for showing this one. Yes, JM-Gruppe 6 in Bann 5 Danzig (later Groß-Danzig). I don't have anything more exact on the JM-Gruppe unfortunately.

Just for general info this girl was one of those in the first wave of JM/DJ children (born in 1929/30) who were forced to join the JM/DJ in accordance with the second youth law which introduced the Jugenddienstpflicht. Whether this girl was forced or was a volunteer I guess we'll never know.

Hi Garry~

Thanks for the info on the JM Gruppe. I wish I had more documentation on her...maybe that would have shed some more light on her.

One things for sure...she looks super happy in her picture! Maybe it's the flash or maybe she was just having a bad day...who knows!

Oh by the way....can you read what her name is for me? This is the only document that I have that I can not read the name on.

Thanks again,
Weibliche

love to see these ,just out of curioaity what is the translation for Dienstkarte

Dienstkarte would translate to 'Service Card' Stu.

I can't read the name Weibliche. Looks like Sütterlin and I can't read that unfortunately.

Dienstkarte would translate to 'Service Card' Stu.

I can't read the name Weibliche. Looks like Sütterlin and I can't read that unfortunately.

Thanks Garry. That is what was making it difficult for me as well.

Are HJ/BDM items from Danzig any tougher to find?

I guess it's possible when you think of how Danzig was taken and the level of destruction. Difficult to say. You certainly don't see many Danzig items from the Hitler Youth around though. On my document database I only have one for Bann 5.

Hallo,
the first name is "Ursel", with the surname I am not sure, "K(C)öthe" ?
atze

Back