HJ-Gefolgschaftsführer Friedel Pook's Leader ID Führerausweis

Thanks Received
thought i would document Friedel here in the history book that is hj-research seeing he in the list,

"This leader ID was opened for him on his promotion to DJ-Oberhordenführer on 1.10.1938. He was later promoted to DJ-Oberjungenschaftsführer (can't see the date) and the next promotion shows that by 1940 he was in the HJ (he was promoted to HJ-Oberkameradschaftsführer in that year).

His original Bann was 15 Minden but in Oct 1941 that Bann was split and a new Bann (833) was created. From then he was a part of that Bann. You can see the stamps for Bann 833 on the slip of paper you mentioned. They ran out of space on the leader ID so the little slip of paper shows his last two appointments (HJ Standortführer from Oct 1942 until Aug 1943 and Gefolgschaftsführer of 18/833).

The strap is for a Signals-HJ Oberkameradschaftsführer and he was indeed promoted to that rank in 1940. There isn't a unit stamp on that entry, just the Bann stamp which means that we don't have confirmation that he was Signals-HJ and therefore that the strap was actually worn by him. Having said that, the strap looks fine".

full credit to Garry for this info as my reading and understanding of German writing is not too great!

well i bought this set because you dont often see such well filled in hj Ausweis like this plus it looks to have had lots of period use and shows good original ware, still held by the strings that is sandwiched in between the card, has bad storage and rust water damaged to the front, the shoulder strap and rank pips also show alot of ware aswell as rust water damage and zinc pest!

this was being sold as what it is a well used hj ausweis and shoulder strap 50.00 euros. how could i say no? have no reason to doubt they belong together but one will never know for sure i suppose but they have surely been together a long time imo, i liked the extra slip of paper too, an he was a bronze proficiency badge winner also.

as flimsy as it looks the fibres holding it together are not going to break anytime soon and opens and closes with a bit of care, these fuhrer ausweis were made to last for sure! these FA are the only hj cards to have this fiber reinforcing through them that i have seen yet!

atb!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
50 Euro , what a great score , the strap by itself is worth around 75 , Congratulations my friend .

thanks Darin, the extra slip of paper and all the promotions in it lured me the straps a nice extra,and makes up for the damage, well to me it does, very small these hj straps! kinda neat! its the first of the later ones i ever had in hand!

atb

can any member who collect boards please confirm, signals hj is yellow pipping on black? marine hj is yellow on blue strap?

the above 833 strap is white pipping on black strap? so it has nothing to do with FP's Ausweis but have the same number i am not bothered atall for the price paid, just thought i would say here :)

e2a, what i will add is the white on the strap is really dirty and it seems to have rust damage and bad storage just like the ausweis!

Last edited:
Signals is yellow on black, MHJ is yellow on blue. The strap above appears to be a mouse grey colored, D.J. Leadership strap, not white for Strief IMO. Often mistaken for dirty Strief straps, but when compared side by side to Strief the grey color is clearly evident.

Attachments

Last edited:
aahh see you have commented here and thanks!

here is a couple of new pictures, i am not up on this shoulder strap insignias thats for sure, i am cool what is ither way it just looks white in hand, i need to get a SD strap to compaire :)

e2a files are not uploading somehow? shame as they are from my new camera and clear as a bell :)

Last edited:
Hi Ewan, the strap in post #1 is for an Oberjungzugführer but the one I saw when you asked me to look at this ID was for a Signals HJ Oberkameradschaftsführer?

Edit: added Oberjungzugführer

oops should have known but forgot the files would be MASSIVE :)

think yous will agree now? :)

cheers!

Attachments

lol no mate its the same strap, agreed the images above are crap, its the same as Darin strap above

Yes, even on the slightly worse photos in post #1 the strap is clearly not yellow and the rank is different. Bizarre.. Did you send me the pics in an email back in May or how did we do the exchange so that I could see the ID??

Yes, I see the emails from the 4th and 9th of May respectively where you sent stuff through for the Individual Units thread but I don't have anything else from you around that time. Well, whatever it was that I was looking at when I sent you the info, it had yellow braid and stitching and was for an Oberkameradschaftsführer. There's no way I would have said that the strap in post 1 was Signals! :)

Ah, found the strap pic you sent Ewan. Yes, the strap piping looks a bit "dirty yellow" on that pic which is probably why I said Signals but I definitely knobbed up the rank so my apologies mate :)

Attachments

its no problem man, just had to put it here after i realised signals is yellow, after the good signals thread lately it prompted me to look at their insignia and i noticed it wasnt the same, thanks for the help as always mate :thumb:

Back