HJ Travel Brochure...in English

Thanks Received
Here's a pretty neat paper item. It's a standard size travel brochure, with Hiking in Germany on the front side. It's all in English. I guess it's not technically an HJ item, but the Marine DJ cover art work is great! And it is illustrated throughtout with photos of BDM and HJ youth. Tells all about hiking and camping and youth hostels throughtout Germany. 12 pages long. I have 2 other similar brochures, with different HJ related art work, all by the same artist. (Give me time to get a photo of these up as well).

Has anyone seen anything like this before? This is actaully a duplicate example that I recently turned up, and was very surprised to find. I believe that any Third Reich paper in English is somewhat scarce to find.

Notice the last page, where it says: "Published by the Reichsbahnzentrale fur den Deutschen Reiseverkehr, Berlin, with the cooperation of the Reichsverband fir Deutsche Jugendherbergen" I think that's pretty cool.

Hope you guys enjoy, and would love to find out if others have encountered this piece.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

This item is just neat Douglas. :thumbup1:
Edit, your collection is coming along pretty well, you've picked up a few nice items so far!

Last edited:
more pages...

Attachments

More pages...

Attachments

My travel brochure collection...

Attachments

No dates on any of the 3 brochures. :-( Sorry, Russ.

The cover art work on all three is by Ludwig Hohlwein, Munich. I have not tried to do any research on him yet. I wonder where the original oils or chalks are today?!

A quick search says he died in 1939, so I would think that these are from the early 1930's based on the uniforms, and what brief information I found.

Thanks, Guys. As time permits, I'd like to scan in the other examples for your reference. They all have different text and pictures inside.

Man oh man, just love those images, your a lucky guy, cheers for posting.:thumbup:

hi douglas is this the same on you have for sale on waf or do you have another

Good eye, Stuart.

The one that I have pictured on WAF for sale is the same example shown in this tread. There is also a picture on this thread showing 3 of the brochures in a wooden and glass display case. Those are my personal copies in my collection. The example that I have listed for sale is a duplicate. I was so surprised to find a second copy, that I thought someone else my appreciate a chance to see it and own a copy.

Very nice items Douglas and they really look good in the frame.

Back