Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Please login to view user info

HJ Travel Brochure...in English

Here's a pretty neat paper item. It's a standard size travel brochure, with Hiking in Germany on the front side. It's all in English. I guess it's not technically an HJ item, but the Marine DJ cover art work is great! And it is illustrated throughtout with photos of BDM and HJ youth. Tells all about hiking and camping and youth hostels throughtout Germany. 12 pages long. I have 2 other similar brochures, with different HJ related art work, all by the same artist. (Give me time to get a photo of these up as well).

Has anyone seen anything like this before? This is actaully a duplicate example that I recently turned up, and was very surprised to find. I believe that any Third Reich paper in English is somewhat scarce to find.

Notice the last page, where it says: "Published by the Reichsbahnzentrale fur den Deutschen Reiseverkehr, Berlin, with the cooperation of the Reichsverband fir Deutsche Jugendherbergen" I think that's pretty cool.

Hope you guys enjoy, and would love to find out if others have encountered this piece.

Similar Threads:
      Attached Images Attached Images

This item is just neat Douglas.
      Edit, your collection is coming along pretty well, you've picked up a few nice items so far!
      Last edited by Gefolgschaft; 12th July 2009 at 04:32 AM.

more pages...

More pages...

My travel brochure collection...

Thanks, Gefolgschaft!

Very informative , thankyou for posting .

Most interesting. What are the dates on these?

Regards

Russ

No dates on any of the 3 brochures. :-( Sorry, Russ.

The cover art work on all three is by Ludwig Hohlwein, Munich. I have not tried to do any research on him yet. I wonder where the original oils or chalks are today?!

A quick search says he died in 1939, so I would think that these are from the early 1930's based on the uniforms, and what brief information I found.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast