Interesting Deutsche Jugend DJ Dienstausweis from the Steierischer Heimatbund

vox

Thanks Received
By flag I write something about HJ and DJ organization and "interesting " items from Untersteiermark as part of Südost Steiermark. You can see what have our boys here in 1943 . Exist pin like in left top corner too . Sorry for bad photos because items have under glass .

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Interesting indeed. What a great document.

You'll know more about this than I Robi but if I understand the various sources I've been reading would I be correct in saying the following:

The Germans in Slovenia loyal to the fatherland were organised along NSDAP lines but instead of creating a new Gau or Kreis, the party decided to create the 'Steierischer Heimatbund' in 1941. The Deutsche Jugend units were part of the Heimatbund which in turn was part of the Untersteiermark (incorporated at some point into Gebiet Steiermark).

If I understand the sources correctly this would explain why no Slovenian DJ units are shown on the 1944 list. They weren't listed because they and the Steierischer Heimatbund, of which they were a part, were within the boundaries of the Reich at that time.

Can you read the stamps on the original?

I think you have right Garry that i think is the point. It is difficult to understand. We were part of Germany is, however, we were not full citizens. Maybe this is the reason that the youth organization called dj and not hj. The green bar on the document means that the owner is incomplete citizen. Where is the importance of line, as in other documents SHB.

very interesting document !!

here is my badge Deutsche Jugend from Steirischer Heimatbund in lower styria

Attachments

Attachments

Back