interesting Reichsberufswettkampf Gausieger documents

Thanks Received
hi all
found these on a site and thought they where interesting, have done one pic with both docs together to show what i find interesting, these are both winners documents at gau level to the same girl in 1938 and 39 sieger games, note that despite them being a year apart the same person seems to have filled in both docs with the same pen, so are these good period items and the fact that they are filled in by the same person with the same pen totally acceptable, or where these blank docs that have been filled in post war to add value ???????
i have spoken to garry through email about this and have his thoughts would love to hear everyone else`s

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
As Stu says, I discussed this with him a few days back. My thoughts on this are that I think it possible that the certificates could have been filled in by the same person despite them being dated a year apart. In 1938 for example there were around 6300 Gausieger. This equates to approximately 160 per Gau so I think it possible that one person, possibly a member of the Gauleitung staff, could have filled out that number of certificates in one or two sittings. I can't prove that but I think it perfectly possible so I personally wouldn't be too worried that the certificates shown by Stu appear to have been filled in by the same hand.

gar what you say makes sense and i agree with you, i thought i would have got a bit more imput of other members though just to create some discussion 20 views and only 1 post

I agree there is a high posibility. I think the documents are not just interesting but are awesome and would love one in my collection.:001_cool:

Congrats Stu :001_smile:

Nick

hi nick

these 2 gau docs are not mine unfortunetly ,they are for sale but at €1000 for the two a bit too dear i think

hi nick

these 2 gau docs are not mine unfortunetly ,they are for sale but at €1000 for the two a bit too dear i think

Ouch ,,,,,thats a pretty penny

When you first posted these stu i thought along the lines of garrys post , bulk signings , some one sure got sick of the sight of them and probably had a swollen hand at the end of it:ohmy:

steve

excactly they are lovely docs but over priced in my opinion €500 each for a piece of paper is too much even though i was tempted until common sense kicked in

stuart i agree a ''bit'' expensive,i also would think the same it could be a good chance that the same person obv someone with authority would sign theses docs year after year. jmo

Back