Looking for information on this Hitler Youth document

Thanks Received
I believe this is some sort of swearing in/allegiance document but I'm not sure. Are either of the signatures at the bottom real signatures or are they both stamps/auto pens? Any idea on value? Thanks in advance!

Admin Edit: Hi, links to externally-hosted pictures are not allowed here on the forum. You'll need to upload the pics directly. Thanks

Pics added. Please click to make larger.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi,

Going by the photos the left-hand signature is handwritten - the right-hand signature a stamp. The 'Verpflichtung der Jugend' was, as you say, the process whereby new members were sworn in and the ceremony originally took place on Hitler's birthday. These were usually small-scale locally organised affairs held at the Gefolgschaft (and equivalent) level so the signature on the left is likely to be for a leader at that level or a little higher. The other signature is likely to have been the NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter as it was a requirement of the Verpflichtung ceremony that a party representative(s) were present.

I can't read the signatures but if they can be deciphered it may be possible to find out exactly who they were and where this particular Verpflichtung der Jugend took place. Sorry I can't be of any more than general help.

Hi,

Going by the photos the left-hand signature is handwritten - the right-hand signature a stamp. The 'Verpflichtung der Jugend' was, as you say, the process whereby new members were sworn in and the ceremony originally took place on Hitler's birthday. These were usually small-scale locally organised affairs held at the Gefolgschaft (and equivalent) level so the signature on the left is likely to be for a leader at that level or a little higher. The other signature is likely to have been the NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter as it was a requirement of the Verpflichtung ceremony that a party representative(s) were present.

I can't read the signatures but if they can be deciphered it may be possible to find out exactly who they were and where this particular Verpflichtung der Jugend took place. Sorry I can't be of any more than general help.

Garry- Thanks for sharing all that information. Guess I'll try to decipher the names and see what I can come up with.

Ben

HJ doc

I have posted a similar document from my collection several months ago From what the other guys on the forum said it is a document to swear allegiance to Hitler:001_cool:

The name of the HJ leader is difficult to read - Bauth or Bluth perhaps. The name of the party official is Schneider.

Gruß

Atze

Back