Real or fantasy

Thanks Received
I saw this on a site the other day ,

seems to be a HJ boy transfered into the SS as a recruit and then into the 12. Panzerdivision Hitlerjugend

do you think this is legit or a fake .

cheers steve

Sorry pictures would help:blush:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Now we have a lot more members i am bringing this back up for discussion ,

Whats your thoughts real or fantasy ,

Cheers .........Steve

Now we have a lot more members i am bringing this back up for discussion ,

Whats your thoughts real or fantasy ,

Cheers .........Steve

It would be great if it was real, my problem is with the stamp, it looks very clear and defined, for a document that old I kind of imagine it to be a little less bright, if that makes sense. Only my opinion and I am no expert, would be great if it turns out to be a good, here's hoping.

steiner:001_smile:

for a document that old I kind of imagine it to be a little less bright, if that makes sense.

That also depends on the scanner settings. A lot of scanners these days have auto brightness/contrast that you'd have to specifically turn off if you wanted to preserve the actual appearance of the document.

I scan a lot for my job. :h Hate the "auto" settings if you have to keep turning them off. Seems most scanners now just assume that everyone who scans wants the document to be auto adjusted. :frusty:

Stamps certainly are not hard to fake, either. I used to make reproduction Soldbuecher for reenactors and used to create the stamps on my computer, print mirrored onto a smooth plastic, then rub onto the document. You can tell if you look up close (and I would mark the things I produced!), too.

Thanks for the replies ,

I must admit the stamps do look "fresh" heres a close up

Cheers,,,,,,,,,,Steve

Attachments

Back