Reference books for HJ badges, how to detect fakes

Thanks Received
Warren, Maine. right now i am in Bozeman, Montana
I am new on this forum, so this is my first post. i am also new to the world of HJ collecting, i am graduating from allied uniforms to this.

are there any good books out there on how to detect fake HJ badges/pins/awards? something that could help me know what makers marks to look for?

Thanks in advance!!

Jo's book on enamel party badges is an excellent source for information on fakes and how to recognize period enamel items. He has his share of haters, but some people get angry when confronted with the truth and not lore and legend. For cloth insignia Wim's book "Handbook of the Hitlerjugend" is the best reference of them all. There are no books specific to detecting fake H.J. items unfortunately. By joining the forum you have made a move in the right direction. Study the forum threads that address areas that are of interest to you as you can view many original and fake items here. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome along! This is by far the best place on the web for anyone interested in the organisation.

Welcome from Canada Squimunk jumping right into Full Gold Member also :thumbup:

You will not be disappointed with this group

Thanks, with classes, i dont have a ton of time to make lots of posts, nor do i know enough to make many educated posts.

with the full membership, i can access the wealth of knowledge available on this site, it will make for lots of late night reading, something that i am greatly looking forward to.

Collecting is something that takes time and research. Don't be concerned with not being able to post a lot. Feel free to ask members here questions or to post items up for discussion as you can. This forum is great in that the core of the forum relies on factual period evidence and documentation rather than collector lore and legend when it comes to the subject of HJ.

Collecting is something that takes time and research. Don't be concerned with not being able to post a lot. Feel free to ask members here questions or to post items up for discussion as you can. This forum is great in that the core of the forum relies on factual period evidence and documentation rather than collector lore and legend when it comes to the subject of HJ.

What a great well put post
This is how collecting should be conducted.
Great advice.

Back