Trude Bürkner-Mohr

Thanks Received
Several years ago I acquired a fairly extensive archive of correspondence addressed to BDM leader Trude Bürkner-Mohr.

Many junior BDM and some HJ junior leaders wrote to her on such topics as the birth of her first baby (in 1938) and her resignation from the BDM.

My interest in these papers is simply to identify the signatory and then to collect as much biographical material on that person as possible. A bonus would be to have a translation of the document. (Most are handwritten).

When I came across this forum it occurred to me that some of the members may be interested in assisting with my researches and the results may well complement the accumulated historical information already available on this forum.

With this in mind I will post three sample letters . If the project receives support from forum members I shall be delighted to carry on posting the rest of the documents.

Happy Boxing Day to you all

Ian

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello Ian,
welcome onboard the Forum.

Thanks for posting. I find them very interesting.

I hope you will post the rest of the documents.

Unfortunately many, maybe most, of the the forum members do not read the German handwiting.

I'm Danish and I can transcribe the letters. I read and understand the German language, but translating to English is not the best, maybe some one else would translate.

Hello Henrik
Yes that's fine.
I'm actually more interested in identifying the signatories and locating their biographies than I am in the translations but they are still useful of course.
I will see what response I get and if there is sufficient interest I will continue with the postings.
Best wishes
Ian

Hi Ian,

since the names of the senders seem to be printed in most cases you will be able to find data online if there is any.
The is no HJ or BDM database around with names of individuals. The is not even a list of all the people in the Reichsjugendführung.
Higher leaders are mentioned in magazines and the Verordnungsblätter from time to time but going through these is a painstaking challange.

The German laws on privacy are much tighter than in the English speaking world.
So for Example if someone want's it not to be mentioned in Wikipedia that he killed a celebrity and served 20 years for that, he can have his name removed from the German Wikipedia in the celebritiy's Wikipedia page. You will still be able to find his name in the English Wikipedia though.
Same goes for having been in the HJ or BDM. If you want it removed, they have to remove it on German pages. (Not only the Wikipedia page)

You will not be getting any information from local, state or federal authorities on other people (unless you are a lawyer with an open case, or a University Professor working on a project), and if someone would be willing to help after all, the first question would always be: "What's the persons date of birth?). And please keep in mind that many archives have been lost during the air raids and the invasion of allied troops in 1945 (especially in the East).

As Henrik said, it is an interesing read anyway for the few of us who can read (most of) the old writing.
But finding a name in between that rings a bell to someone here is pure luck, so do not expect too much.

Do not be discouraged! I still hope you post more of these letters!

All the best
Christian

Thanks Christian
Yes I guess I'm just looking for any info which is already in the public domain (but is difficult to find) or material already collected by people interested in the subject. So any info welcomed.
I will post some more documents when I have time
Best regards
Ian
And thank you for the info Christian

It's an old thread but I thought I would add some information.

The first letter is from Obergauführerin Hilde Katranski. She was Obergauführerin Obergau 1 Ostland. She succeeded Obergauführerin Margareta Mallmann in 1938. On 11.12.1938 Katranski was honorably discharged from the BDM.

The second letter is from Mädelringführerin Gertrud Stoll who was the leader of the BDM in Untergau 115 (Darmstadt) at this time.

Letter 3 is from Oberbannführer Gerd Wegner. In 1935 he had been Bannführer of Bann 221 (Mühlhausen) before taking up a temporary post as Personalabteilungsleiter (Head of the Personnel Department) on the staff of Gebiet 17 Thüringen. In Nov/Dec 1937 he became the Chief of Staff (Stabsleiter) of Gebiet 5 Pommern under k.-Gebietsführer Karl Müller.

When I have a little time I'll tarnscribe/translate the letters and will post them below.

Back