Von Schirach`s signature

Thanks Received
For those who collect these :sad:
LINK

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Any back story on this Jo? Sounds like you know the signature to be dodgy? That looks like a page from some book. The poem was published in Schirach's "Die Fahne der Verfolgten" but the page in that book is different:

PS I like that new signature of yours (lex parsimoniae) :)

Attachments

? Because of the shaking head in post 1? No mate, thats just because i dont have enough money to acquire this beautiful signature, or any of the 20-30 odd signatures that they just listed, Adolf, Göring, Keitel, Papa Eicke.. and even one card with all four sigs on together - Rock Star style. When the good stuff comes up for sale, there is always a cash-flow problem...
Shakes head :pound:gnashes teeth :sad: punches wall :mad2: the rolls around the floor in a fit of laughter.

I see sarcasm :) Yes, that Schirach signature definitely looks dodgy. I have an original of his and there are obvious differences - most noticeably the "h" and the fact that the signature in post 1 has obvious stops i.e. whoever wrote it lifted the pen off the paper a couple of times. Schirach's real signature isn't like that.

Yes, it is too much. It is so blatantly fake that it is laughable - yet is offered as original. I might have made a mistake in The Party Badge book when i said that collectors are being turned into jelly sandwiches. It is not happening, it has already happened! The only one late to this party is me. What makes it even worse is that the gifts i came bearing are all past their sell by date :sad:

What about this one?

The Collector's Guild

Regards

Russ

Admin Edit: added picture of the item in question and rearranged its content so that the writing can be more easily viewed

Attachments

Hi Russ,

According to the date on the card (28th of December 1973) this was around 9 months before he died so the very rough signature could be explained by ill health. However, here's a Schirach signature dated 28th of September 1973 and there are clearly some striking differences. Did he become frail very quickly? Perhaps but that isn't mentioned by the two sisters who looked after him for the last three years of his life.

Who knows which one of these (if any) is the real one... Getting the signature is a subjective experience but unfortunately, a purely subjective experience isn't proof.

On a personal note, if I collected signatures of TR personalities they wouldn't be post-war on a postcard but rather on items that the person would have signed as part of his job during the TR. In my opinion, 350 Bucks is way too much for this one, even if it's authentic.

I recently purchased a song book "Blut und Ehre - Lieder der Hitler-Jugend - herausgegeben von Baldur von Schirach". The small book is not in a very good state but on the first page, there seems to be a genuine signature from Baldur von Schirach, made in very thin inkt. The (later) owner of the book added the date of 23. Juni 1943, his name and the fact that Baldur was (at the time of signing the book) the Reichsjugendfüher - in 1943 he was already longtime in Wien of course.
Baldur also noted the text "Die Fahne ist mehr als der Tod".
I enter some pictures of the book and of the text and signature... perhabs it's hard to say from the pictures, and I am very careful as a collector, but I really think this is genuine...
Feel free to react!

Attachments

I recently purchased a song book "Blut und Ehre - Lieder der Hitler-Jugend - herausgegeben von Baldur von Schirach". The small book is not in a very good state but on the first page, there seems to be a genuine signature from Baldur von Schirach, made in very thin inkt

Hi, that's a facsimile unfortunately. Check googs for pics and you should see other copies of the book with the same sentence and signature.

an auction house has one here

Also vary from Edition to Edition...

Attachments

Here's 2 I sold a while back (6 months) I was unsure if they were the real deal so I let them go for £30 each :)

Attachments

My Schirach signatures

Am I too late to the party?

Here are my signatures. The Xmas card and the portrait drawing signatures are printed, but the picture/postcard signature looks real (i.e. not printed). Does it look a good signature?

Peter

Attachments

Back