2-man "Hitler Youth" tent

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
I noticed that someone over on WAF has found some two-man tents with russian "capture marks" (a buckle appears to have RZM marks) and seems confident that they were "Hitler Youth". He will apparently be selling them soon but I have never heard of such tents being used officially by the HJ and indeed, the regulations don't mention them either. According to a 1939 RJF order, there were only three types of authorised tent and all were bigger (and of a different shape and purpose) to the WAF tent. Anyone any thoughts?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

No regulations can be found?
No pre 1945 photos can be found?
Nobody ever saw a tent like this among HJ collectors?

Must have a huge veteran bring back story - or wait: it might be the rare late war type ...

I agree, the tent does not meet regulations. It's possible that private purchase or surplus tents were used in the period, but the item in question is not a regulation H.J. issue piece of field gear, the regulations are clear.

Thanks for your comments guys. The poster on WAF hasn't responded yet and if I know WAF, he is unlikely to do so. By ignoring the evidence he can continue to push the case that his tent is "Hitler Youth" based on nothing more than the fact that it's a tight squeeze for an adult. Not good...

I looked at the tent and my first thought was "it's just an old russian tent". The OP still hasn't responded but hopefully he read the thread before selling the tent as Hitler Youth. Someone will probably swallow that and then get a rude surprise...

I have no doubt this tent has nothing to do with the HJ. I could not explain the presence of the buckle but it is not a positive sign imo and most definitely not sufficient to say that the tent is "HJ" like the seller sayys

As expected, the seller totally ignored the available evidence and instead went with the much more cost-effective:

"Yes 2 adults can fit in the zelt, but it would be tight. Yes it is more for HJ kid"

Okay then. Definitely HJ! :frusty:

Back