Hitler Youth shovel by maker AB. C ?

Thanks Received
Hi , guy ! Hallo from France, Paris!
I have not visited this forum since my last purchase of a Malta cross HJ shovel.
Unfortunately, those items in my collection of European shovel are very rare.
This time , I would like you to help me identify the possibly know small shovel of manufacturer A.B C. / A. Bredt and cny. It has a digit 1 under the manufacturer’s mark and two stripes on the handle : green and white, separated. May it possibly a mark of one HJ district, who knows .. or a digit 1 would mean also something.By the way , this shovel is even smaller as a usual HJ shovel measuring about 45-46 cm. See the last picture, where I placed three shovels together : ABC / Malta Cross/ standard 37 HEER model .
Now, welcome to your comments and other ideas on this shovel. Man even said , it was probably a WWI machine-gunner’s one ...

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Is there any proof of existence of "HJ shovels" at all?
Any service manual describing it? Any photographic evidence ?
I would love to see some.
I also own several small shovels but I dont know if tey are really HJ.

Chris

Is there any proof of existence of "HJ shovels" at all?
Any service manual describing it? Any photographic evidence ?
I would love to see some.
I also own several small shovels but I dont know if tey are really HJ.

Chris

Hi Chris,

You can see information from period regulations/RZM in this thread: HJ trenching spade (Spaten)...your thoughts?

Post #4, which you won't be able to see in full, contains scans from the 1936 RZM manufacturing instructions and RJF orders from 1933 showing the approved spade for the HJ at that time. I don't recall having seen anything in the RJF regulations after 1936 about approved spades. Clearly the ultimate find would be one of these smaller spades with the correct RZM licence marking, for example M8/16b but extremely rare I would have thought.

Back