Hitler Youth cutlery?

Thanks Received
Hi, guys!
My acquaintance some time ago has got a set of tableware HJ. Experts have disagreed concerning originality of these subjects. I want to ask you, what you think?
Yours faithfully, Ilya

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

very hard to tell in my opinion ilya, if they were cheap enough i would go for them even to use at christmas dinner :behindsofa::laugh:

Hi, Ewan.
Thanks for the answer. If I am not mistaken, the acquaintance has bought them for 300 EUR. I long dissuaded it, but he hasn't listened. And now suffers and doubts.

I know nothing about this type of item but to be honest I wouldn't personally go near them. Too easy to take period cutlery and simply engrave it. Check out the cutlery at the link. There appears to have been no standardisation i.e no central control over design which makes it difficult for collectors to get a sense for authentic items. Difficult area.

Link to a book written by a collector of TR cutlery

agree a tricky road to navigate but they do exist, I believe the spoon shown is for a marine school and there will be differences in style but still due diligence is required .

:canada:

Ultimately, I don't know with certainty but I must admit, I would be sceptical. The HJ diamond looks a bit rough to me.

Also, I have a couple of spoons in front of me, for an NSDAP school. They have the name of the school in full, on the reverse of the handle. The stamping is deep and precise. Furthermore, within the area of the letters, it is very dark, that is to say, crud, patination/tarnish have gathered over the years, and have not been removed by polishing, since they lie beneath the surface. You could also try investigating the silver content mark and manufacturer, so as to check if the company is contemporaneous with the HJ.

Anyway, just a few things to bear in mind.

Best,
Toby.

I know nothing about this type of item but to be honest I wouldn't personally go near them. Too easy to take period cutlery and simply engrave it. Check out the cutlery at the link. There appears to have been no standardisation i.e no central control over design which makes it difficult for collectors to get a sense for authentic items. Difficult area.

Link to a book written by a collector of TR cutlery

very nice link, gar.

seems to me that the content is open for discution. I agree with most that they would be easy to reproduce and fake. so, If i were to buy them, i'd make pretty sure i knew where they came from. If its not from a vet (a prooven one!) I would personaly let it go, sertainly considering the price.:nono:

Hi, guys!
I am grateful to you for your answers. I completely agree with you. Today I as have learned that firm which has let out these devices Besteckfabrik Erbe H.A. AG, Schmalkalden existed in 1872 - 1951. So that devices-100 of % of that time. As to an engraving I have consulted with the jeweler. He has told that it is handwork both not so accurate. The rhombus and an inscription "Bremen" are made in one technics of execution. Are cut Stichel, then on a line are punched by a thin core. But I nevertheless in these devices don't trust.

Concidering all branches of the military and political branches had there own marked cutlery i cant see why the hj would have there own, schools , hostels etc, but im not a fan of these from the pictures provided, i cant see the quality found on other original TR pieces. Pete.

Back