Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Please login to view user info

    Hitler Youth cutlery?

    Hi, guys!
    My acquaintance some time ago has got a set of tableware HJ. Experts have disagreed concerning originality of these subjects. I want to ask you, what you think?
    Yours faithfully, Ilya

    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2

    Please login to view user info
    very hard to tell in my opinion ilya, if they were cheap enough i would go for them even to use at christmas dinner :behindsofa::laugh:

  3. #3

    Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewan stirling View Post
    very hard to tell in my opinion ilya, if they were cheap enough i would go for them even to use at christmas dinner :behindsofa::laugh:
    Hi, Ewan.
    Thanks for the answer. If I am not mistaken, the acquaintance has bought them for 300 EUR. I long dissuaded it, but he hasn't listened. And now suffers and doubts.

  4. #4

    Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by arbuz View Post
    Hi, Ewan.
    Thanks for the answer. If I am not mistaken, the acquaintance has bought them for 300 EUR. I long dissuaded it, but he hasn't listened. And now suffers and doubts.
    ouch i would not have payed 300Euros for them as these are so easy to fake as with all cutlrey

    regards,Ewan

  5. #5
    I believe these are correct and from the school in BREMEN.

    :canada:

  6. #6
    I know nothing about this type of item but to be honest I wouldn't personally go near them. Too easy to take period cutlery and simply engrave it. Check out the cutlery at the link. There appears to have been no standardisation i.e no central control over design which makes it difficult for collectors to get a sense for authentic items. Difficult area.


    Link to a book written by a collector of TR cutlery

  7. #7
    agree a tricky road to navigate but they do exist, I believe the spoon shown is for a marine school and there will be differences in style but still due diligence is required .


    :canada:

  8. #8

    Please login to view user info
    Ultimately, I don't know with certainty but I must admit, I would be sceptical. The HJ diamond looks a bit rough to me.

    Also, I have a couple of spoons in front of me, for an NSDAP school. They have the name of the school in full, on the reverse of the handle. The stamping is deep and precise. Furthermore, within the area of the letters, it is very dark, that is to say, crud, patination/tarnish have gathered over the years, and have not been removed by polishing, since they lie beneath the surface. You could also try investigating the silver content mark and manufacturer, so as to check if the company is contemporaneous with the HJ.

    Anyway, just a few things to bear in mind.



    Best,
    Toby.

  9. #9
    ONE thing I have noted over the years is any cutlery associated with the KM is of poorer quality re any ENGRAVING

    :canada:

  10. #10

    Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    I know nothing about this type of item but to be honest I wouldn't personally go near them. Too easy to take period cutlery and simply engrave it. Check out the cutlery at the link. There appears to have been no standardisation i.e no central control over design which makes it difficult for collectors to get a sense for authentic items. Difficult area.


    Link to a book written by a collector of TR cutlery
    very nice link, gar.

    seems to me that the content is open for discution. I agree with most that they would be easy to reproduce and fake. so, If i were to buy them, i'd make pretty sure i knew where they came from. If its not from a vet (a prooven one!) I would personaly let it go, sertainly considering the price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

HJ-Research, the Hitler Youth Militaria Collector Forum
Copyright © HJ-Research.com 2009 -
Web Hosting by Vidahost "Hosting for Life"