Thanks Thanks:  0

Please login to view user info

Hitler Youth musician baton (Tambourstock)

It could be but I've never seen an authentic one before. Just looking at some regulations on musical units and there isn't much there. This item is described as "Tambourstock" and was carried by the SZ-Führer. These should have a ball at the top and this is specifically mentioned. By 1941, the regulation Tambourstock had a "Bannadler" (Bann eagle) in metal applied to the baton.

Please login to view user info
    Thanks Garry . But I don't fully understand. What do you mean?Where should be the Bannadler?
    I don't see herein Adler

57-11.jpg Uniform065s.jpg

Hi,

The regulation doesn't say where the Bannadler should be positioned but I would think somewhere towards the ball, perhaps on the ball. I don't know. The regulation is from 1941 so the Bannadler was a later addition to the Tambourstock.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Hi,

The regulation doesn't say where the Bannadler should be positioned but I would think somewhere towards the ball, perhaps on the ball. I don't know. The regulation is from 1941 so the Bannadler was a later addition to the Tambourstock.
    It's likely that the Bannadler was positioned in a similar manner to this RAD emblem:

baton.jpg