HJ Drum info requested

Thanks Received
Hi - I didn't see a place to put this, so I chose flags. A dealer I know has an HJ drum. I don't know what a fair price is for such an item. No sticks come with it. I put an arrow on the drum to indicate where the emblem is. Could anybpody give me a ball park figure of what I should pay for this item? He says it is complete, and in decent, used condition. Thanks in advance.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi,

These drums need to viewed very critically because they were used before, during and after the TR period, indeed they are still in use by some scouting organisations in Germany. The eagle is no guarantee of age and could easily have been slapped on there to make the drum more interesting and the eagle itself could be a fake. I've seen those shown on forums before.

Very difficult to give any information on these which would help a potential buyer to make the right decision. If you have a search on the forum for Landsknechtstrommel you'll find a few threads on them including one which gives you the dimensions these drums should have. Sadly though, even they aren't much help because of the point I made about the long period where these were being used.

Hi,

These drums need to viewed very critically because they were used before, during and after the TR period, indeed they are still in use by some scouting organisations in Germany. The eagle is no guarantee of age and could easily have been slapped on there to make the drum more interesting and the eagle itself could be a fake. I've seen those shown on forums before.

Very difficult to give any information on these which would help a potential buyer to make the right decision. If you have a search on the forum for Landsknechtstrommel you'll find a few threads on them including one which gives you the dimensions these drums should have. Sadly though, even they aren't much help because of the point I made about the long period where these were being used.

Garry brought it right to the point. It is almost impossible to judge the age of these. No maker marks mostly.
Some ask for very high prices though. There was one for sale here on this forum last year as far as I remember.
Prices vary pretty much on these items.

Garry brought it right to the point. It is almost impossible to judge the age of these. No maker marks mostly.
Some ask for very high prices though. There was one for sale here on this forum last year as far as I remember.
Prices vary pretty much on these items.
That is why I asked for a BALL PARK FIGURE. :censored:

I personaly would not pay more than 200 Euro for one like this. (But this is just me personaly).:blushing:

The one offered here in "Sales" some days ago is 750 Euro.
An example of a drum which was made after 1945 was offered last year on a dealers site for 950. :ohmy:

So I think it is more or less what you are willing to pay.
Try to get it in hands and then decide. Drumsticks will appear more easily, sometimes even on ebay.

Last edited:
I personaly would not pay more than 200 Euro for one like this. (But this is just me personaly).:blushing:

The one offered here in "Sales" some days ago is 750 Euro.
An example of a drum which was made after 1945 was offered last year on a dealers site for 950. :ohmy:

So I think it is more or less what you are willing to pay.
Try to get it in hands and then decide. Drumsticks will appear more easily, sometimes even on ebay.

Dank für ihre hilfe! (Ihr Englisch ist sehr gut. Viel besser als mein Deutscher!)

Back