Please login to view user info

HJ Feldscher Koppeltasche

Hello,

First Aid bag, obvisiously belonging to the HJ, found recently in my homevillage. The possible user was born 1921. Could anyone please date this bag. HJ tag lightly visible on top of the leather cover. Manufacturing print: W. Söhngen & ??, Wiesbaden. Printed textil list inside: Art. Nr. 7530, Füllung Nr. 7531. All rivets in Aluminium.

Thanks for answers. Regards.

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi,

Amtliches Nachrichtenblatt VII/14 dated 5th of Aug 1939 (see attached pic) standardises certain items of medical equipment in use within the Hitler Youth at that time:

Feldscher Koppeltasche
    Feldscherunterführer-Koppeltaschenpaar
    BDM-Gesundheitsdiensttasche
    HJ-Arzttasche
    Feldscher-Labeflasche

The order states that "the Koppeltaschen are black". The leather of the Sanitätskoppletasche is described in 1934 as being "dark-brown" like yours so with the 1939 order in mind, your bag must have been produced prior to that year.

The maker Söhngen und Co Wiesbaden is mentioned in Verordnungsblatt RJF III/2 dated 19th of Jan 1935 as being a manufacturer of such items so no probs there.

Lauri is very good with equipment items like this so hopefully he will add more.

** Oops! You must be a Full Member (Gold) to view this part of the post**

I do not have much to add, Garry's perfectly described the feldscher koppeltasche :) Your exemplar is before the introduction of the aurüstungsamt feldscherwesen mark on the leather, common on all HJ medical equipment.

To see the difference with an RJF approved pouch :
    Hitler Youth Feldscherkoppeltasche - Just arrived!
    Last edited by lauri; 10th August 2013 at 02:34 PM.

HJ Sanitäts - Koppeltasche

Hello HJ friends,

so I keep a darkbrown, early HJ Sanitäts - Koppeltasche in my collection. Made by Söhngen & Co., Wiebaden, before 1939.

Thanks for identifying.
    Attached Images Attached Images