HJ tornister?

Thanks Received
Hello

This pack is although bought several months ago in Montpellier . Can you say if it an original HJ because there are many difference with the regular whom find in the ANGOLA's book.

Thanks for yours answers

gérard

Pack

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

hi, i dont think you can tell what party orginisation this one might have been used for, unless its marked, stamped in the leather or an rzm tag, its of the political type so good enough for Hj use. pete.

Regulations dated 1936 (with a later addition in 1939) state that the tornister for use by the Hitler Youth was grey with black leather straps and hide on the flap so there is a ' HJ' Tornister but as Pete says, your Tornister could have been carried by the HJ Gerard, albeit unofficially. To be safe I would personally go for the fully correct version If I were looking for a HJ Tornister.

The regulation from 1936 goes on to state that the officially approved Tornister had been in use by the HJ for some time before the regulation was published and further states that any other type of Tornister was forbidden. Doesn't necessarily mean that this was always adhered to though but as I said, grey with black straps and a hide flap would be fully correct.

Regulations dated 1936 (with a later addition in 1939) state that the tornister for use by the Hitler Youth was grey with black leather straps and hide on the flap so there is a 'HJ' tornister but as Pete says, your Tornister could have been carried by the HJ but if I were buying a Tornister described by a dealer as 'HJ' I personally wouldn't go for the one you show Gerard.

The regulation from 1936 states that this type of Tornister had been in use by the HJ for some time before the regulation was published and further states that any other type of Tornister was forbidden.

interesting gary, but i have never seen a hj tonister with hide on the flap, has anybody got one to show?? im not too sure if certain regs were adeared too. pete.

As you say Pete, the boys and girls didn't always use the officially sanctioned items which makes the study of the equipment interesting :) However, if I were putting a mannequin together (if that is your plan Gerard) I would try to make it represent what a boy or girl should have been wearing/using.

You can see an example of a Tornister with hide here:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250103

Hi

thanks for all. I agree with yours answers this pack is not regular for HJ. My purpose is to have a HJ with maximum regular equipment. But meanwhile I preserve this perhaps I found a regular on this forum.

Gerard:)

Back