HJ Verbandkasten ?

Thanks Received
Hello

Do you think this box is old and maybe HJ?

Thanks for your interest.
Lauri

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I like the box , is it dated anywhere ?

Hello Joe

Unfortunately no date and and no reference in the HJ Gesundheistdienst manual. I have also a good feeling so maybe is a good opportunity!

The 'Verband der deutschen Berufsgenossenschaften' (German Occupational Health and Safety Agency) which is shown on the description plate certainly existed during the period and one of its areas of responsibility was indeed first aid but that plate doesn't seem to belong to the box (rust?). However, if we go with this box being one supplied by or proscribed by the association then the life rune may not necessarily be indicating an association with the Hitler Youth, I say that firstly because of the purpose of the association and secondly because as we know, the life rune was used elsewhere too (on some birth certificates and SS paraphernalia for example).

I wouldn't think that a unit below Bann level would have something like this when they had Feldscher/GD-Mädel with their own supplies and equipment. On the other hand we have HJ working at Volkswagen as apprentices for example who were organised into 'Bann 468 VW Braunschweig-Vorwerk' and would as such have come under the auspices of the factory in terms of health and safety etc so who knows? It might be a box from a location like that. Certainly a very interesting item.

Hello Garry
Thank you for your opinion. I agree the life rune is not exclusively HJ or third reich era.
Is stain rust on the nomenclature plate corners.
In any case, a nice emergency box to put in my car.
:)

I have had 2 of this type of Verbandskasten, and seen one more, with the same type of contents, alle 3 used by NSFK.

I'll try to find a photo.

N.S. Fliegerkorps Verbandkasten - and some other stuff

Attachments

Last edited:
Thank you for this additional information Henrik, almost similar boxes :thumb:

Back