M31 Flieger-HJ Canteen - Opinions Please

Thanks Received
Hi,
I bought this German canteen, I believe it could be a M31 Flieger-HJ canteen, these canteens had either blue or standard felt covers, there are no markings on the screw cap, canteen throat, or hanging clip. Looking at the clip buttons, they have the same cross flower-shaped pattern on them as the tan coloured wartime covers and the clip & strap layout seems identical - what do members think flieger-HJ piece or not ? Any information welcome.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Maybe thinkin because of blue cover ? idk

Anyhow where does that blue cover belong to ? Any idea ?

I just looked into the 1936 regulations because of another topic, and it already says for the HJ Feldflasche/field bottle, Version 2, for the fabric: "Der abnehmbare Bezug aus HJ-grauem, vorschriftmäßigem Filz, Ausführung 2, umhüllt die Flasche..." (Nachtrag, S. 194)/The removable cover fabric made of HJ-grey, regulation felt, version 2, encases the bottle... (Addendum, p194)

Post war cover then discussion on war relics is calling it that it seems

Yes, as already mentioned, there was no such thing as a Flieger-HJ water bottle. They carried the same bottle as everyone else. Just to add to Jack's info above, the colour of the felt is shown in regulations as follows:

1933: grey
1934: grey
1936: Type 1 brown i.e. "PL-Braun", "HJ-Braun" or "SA-Braun" or Type 2 grey
1939: there were still two types but both had grey felt

I don't see any changes to the felt colour after that.

Just going to throw this in here, everyones opinions please :)

Attachments

Back