Making a Hitler Youth tent - need sizes or line drawings

Thanks Received
Hello. Where can I find the sizes or line drawings of HJ or BDM tents? I wish to make a couple for my kids who are big into their reenactment personas. I am a professional tailor a have made numerous uniforms and tents, but would like to make a HJ tent. Thanks.

Hi,

The BDM and JM did use tents when on summer camp but only until 1937. From then on, girls had to be accommodated in youth hostels (DJH) but as far as the boys are concerned, their tents were standardised in June 1939. These were:

Round tent (Rundzelt - 4m diameter)
Camp leader tent / medic tent (Lagerführerzelt / Sanitätszelt - 6.5m x 4.0m)
Day tent / Large accommodation tent / large medic tent (Tageszelt / großes Mannschaftszelt / großes Sanitätszelt - 14m x 6m)

Also used was the Zeltbahn and there are a number of these shown on the forum. Three types can be found: square, triangular and rectangular and each boy carried one when out on trips where the individual pieces could be buttoned together to make a tent. In the Full Member Gold download area there is a 1934 HJ book containing manufacturing instructions for the square Zeltbahn. The regulations I'm looking at here give dimensions for the tents and list the number of guy ropes, pegs etc but these wouldn't be detailed enough to make one of them I wouldn't have thought.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Triangular Zeltbahn used as a windbreak (left). Rundzelt and the larger tent (right)

1934 camp using the Zeltbahn

Attachments

Thank you very much. I have original zeltbahn pattern and will just make up six to make a good sized tent. Thanks again.

Back