My new Hitler Youth items

Thanks Received
yesterday i bought these new hj items
flute and fanfare are from the same person
the silver (coated) fanfare is a very rare one, its for left handed people, it has also beautifull stamps/markings
the flute has also very beautifull stamps/markings on it
the brass fanfare has the "sheet music stand" ( i hope i said it right) with very vaque rzm marking
the drum also in original case with original drum sticks and drum holder

enjoy
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi,

Interesting set of items. The emblem on the Querpfeife (pics 8 and 9) is imperial so I would think that this instrument predates the HJ. G.H. Hüller started the business towards the end of the 19th century so that works. Who is the manufacturer of the leather strap? I can't quite make it out. Are there any maker marks on the Fanfare?

The Marschtrommel should be red/white as I'm sure you know. Do you know where the original owner lived?

Hello Garry
Thank you for compliment
i took some new photo's of leather strap for you but i really cant see who is the manufacturer, maybe you see something
the silver fanfare only has markings wich i show in the pictures, the brass/ copper doesnt have any
the marschtrommel i also thought it was red/white but i was told that it was depending on the area where the person lived
the items come from Austria, thats where the owner lives, he has a beautifull flag (hj) also but he had to think about it if he would sell it
i will sent the person i bought it from a email to find out wich area exectly he was living ok

maurice

Attachments

ok here some more info i just got
the ekm is an example, its not from the same person i bought items from and i dont have this in my collection
but its number 29 on it, exectly like on the fanfare
look how the numbers are exactly stampt in ekm as in fanfare

Attachments

Thanks for the pics of the strap. The company is Prothmann & Wobeser. I see it listed in the 1891 Berlin address book as being a company that made military items ("Militär-Effekte"). The address was Alte Jacob Strasse 5, Berlin. So, probably another imperial item that was reused by the HJ.

The fact that he comes from Austria makes sense of the stamp on the fanfare. That "HJ 29" could then logically be "HJ Gebiet 29 Oberdonau". HJ drums were red/white but green/white might suggest some connection to the Steirischer Heimatbund? Or, the drum was repainted after the war or, or... :) Difficult to know.

Ah, we were writing at the same time :) Yes, I agree about the stamp.

thanks Garry for telling me about the company, i really dind't see it :thumbup1:
i always love to know everything about an item i buy
The person i bought it from told me exact the same you told me, the drum's where original red/white painted from factory but handly repainted for different area's
Your right, its always difficult to know but it's old and i believe the person who i bought it from so i know its not a reproduction/fake :biggrin1:

No problem :) I haven't read anywhere that regional colours were used on HJ drums but certainly from 1933 the colours were definitely red/white across the board. I guess we'll never know why the drum is green/white but I don't believe for a second that anything you show in post #1 is fake. Does the fanfare have any other markings other than "HJ 29"?

no thats the only 2 stamps i can see on it :)

Tomorow i go to a big militairy sell out in belgium, la gleize. I hope to find some special things there
if i do i will post them here offcourse :)

ok i have some info about colors on drums, this is what the person sent me where i bought the collection from
maybe its for some use here
the standard color was red/white but every different area repainted them in there own colors

HitlerJugend Sachsen, HitlerJugend Österreich, HitlerJugend SA en Jung Österreich have Green/White drums

HitlerJugend SS ,Leibstandarte SS, SS freiwillige have Black/White drums also the big versions/type

HitlerJugend Marine department have Blue/White drums

HitlerJugend Wehrmacht department have Red/White drums and the big ones have Red/White, Blue with Red/White crenelated or Brown/Black different variations.

I hope this make some sence !!!!!!

I did check some of my regulations, as for example the H.Dv.122 for the Reichsheer,
the L.Dv. 422 for the Luftwaffe and the desctiption for the drum for the RAD, Dv.18.

With all it is said: the inner edge (Trommelreifen) is white; the outer in the colors
for the Reich, so black-white-red. And so it surely will be for the navy as well.
None of them does have the specific colors for the organization and so I doubt the
saying about the various colors. The SS and SA had black and white edges. As said,
only old written information can convince me otherwise.

Attachments

Last edited:
I said SA, but that was not quite correct. Black-white was worn with some districts,
as actually the colors for the SA drum edge was as the color for the two-colored piping,
which was worn with the collar or collar patch. So my guess is the drum could be for
the SA-district of Saxonia, which had white-green.

Attachments

I agree Wim. The idea that the Hitler Youth painted their drums in different colours based on the location of the unit is a non-starter for me unless the seller can provide a period reference. Maurice, could you push the seller to provide one to support what he said? I'm guessing that he doesn't have a reference because surely he would have provided it but it's worth a try. If he can't prove what he is saying then his opinion must be disregarded for now. Neither Wim nor I have anything in the way of regulations/literature that say anything other than red/white.

The only thing that could possibly make sense, as Wim says, is that these are SA colours. However, the Hitler Youth was only subordinate to the SA between the 27th of April 1931 (effective from the 1st May 1931) until the 13th of May 1932 so the question must be asked: if this is a HJ drum then how has it survived with these colours? The only logical answer, if the theory the seller proposes is correct, is that the drum wasn't used after 1932.

Here the official text for the little (snare) drum as published in early 1934,
mentioning all sizes and other important hings, along with a drawing from it;
the edge is red-white and should count 25 triangle-blocks around.
This content can only be viewed by: Blue Group members.

Attachments

Back