Opinions on this Deutsches Jungvolk Fanfare and banner

As I am in the market for one have been watching this thread closely. I must comment on the recent pics of the engraving and would like to see it under high power magnification as it looks very recent IMO :canada1

I also agree with garry and MW. This engraving may have been carried out in 1933-1945 but also possibly not. Owners must decide if happy

Owners must decide if happy
Certainly, but you know, huge magnified images never lie, and they surpass anything you, i or the other man thinks he sees, (or wants to see/believe) so with items like this, it would be a major plus point to examine the actual engraving under magnification. Because you know, if it was done 80 years ago, and if it is "honest", then any magnified image will show you this.

... Owners must decide if happy
Yes, with most things, BUT, when you apply forensics, i.e: look in detail at certain aspects, to see if they match with what the item is pretending to be, it really helps as well.

According to a friend,the HJ mark is suspect...
Yes, this is used every day for all items, "according to a friend..according to a vet..according to user xxyyy who has 35,000 posts on another forum.."
When you apply forensics, it is no longer "according to anyone" but it is only, and absolutely, according to Reality and facts!

The HJ marking is OK for me.
The HJ markings, have not been shown in any detail, in fact all we see here is a blurred image!
When you apply forensics, the images you see, will confirm IF, the marks are honest.

and would like to see it under high power magnification as it looks very recent IMO
Paul, this is exactly where forensics can help, as when magnified images are inspected, EVERYTHING is revealed! What we see with our (growing ever older) eyes - some of us with glasses (me) is not really showing us anything other than what we "think" we see - be that positive or negative.

Too many red flags anyway.
Yes, but only really red flags because some agree and others disagree, based on what? Blurred, very bad images? When you view the vital aspects in detail, you will soon see if the engraving is "Honest" or not.

Nobody can tell you if the engravings on anything are from 1931 or from 1967 or even from 2007 with many items... this is always going to be an "In my opinion" game... and as we all know, as long as some story is attached, as long as another member has the same, that usually makes it real..

We can all help ourselves and start thinking logically, start looking at what we need to look at before we just agree or give our opinion on items like this, items that very well could be good, but could also very well be embellishments done a few years ago in order to make a 100 dollah trumpet now worth 1000 dollah!

Here is my example for you, and i hope you can follow. A small alu. lighter with embellishments... but are they real? They certainly look honest, but only detailed images will show if the engravings are in fact honest! The same study can be done with any object that is engraved/embellished, to give the owner a much better perception IF the engravings are honest. If the have been on the item for a long time, there will be an honest patina on the engravings, there will be decades of dirt and Patina inside the engravings, each carved or engraved line edge, will show the same as the edge of a coin, bumps, scrapes, dings, where it came into contact with every day life.... If an old item was taken, and a modern engraving done, even if done really well, there can be no patina.

I cannot tell you if this lighter was engraved in 1917 or in 1941, but what the magnified images do tell me, is that it most certainly was not done a few years ago, and has seen heavy normal use for many years after the engravings were done. Add the images together with the item, a small lighter, and the conclusion is simple, the lighter was engraved many many years ago by a German who was in, or had visited, Egypt. (Soldier? tourist? i dont know, but in order to sell it, i will certainly say it once belonged to Adolf Eichman! a vet told me so, and my friends confirmed this story.)

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

more images of the engravings.....

Attachments

Last images, do you see the honest patina around the edges of the engravings? do you see the normal, honest wear? Do you understand how we can all help each other by paying more attention to small detail and NOT first listening to any stories or opinions by people who claim to know, claim to have had, claim to have received from a vet.

Simple, Large magnified images of certain aspects in order to answer questions that we cannot with our restricted human eyesight.:swiss

Attachments

Back