Same as the HJ drums

Thanks Received
I was watching Deutsche Welle TV last week, and they were highlighting a town in Germany (can't remember which one) that was having a heritage festival and parade. The drummers in the parade were using drums identical to the HJ drums, only the "flame" pattern was painted blue and white. I was surprised to see the exact same pattern in use. Does anyone know if that pattern is a traditional German drum style, or have any other thoughts or ideas?

hey rob they may be hj/dj ones from those days, just repainted? :001_smile:

wouldn't that be something else. :h them being reused again 70 years or more later.

I think i 've seen this occur before on other occasions, also filmed in germany. so i think they reuse the same patern again. most people aren't even aware they where hj/dj drum paterns, i believe. Or they just don't care about it as long as it ain't the black white version of the patern....

Old drums

:001_tt2:
hey rob they may be hj/dj ones from those days, just repainted? :001_smile:
The drums would have to be 70 years old! I don't think they would be any good at all.Why would one refurbish something that can be purchased in any music store.(unless there is something else afoot)

Those are some good guesses. These looked new (i.e. condition, paint. etc) and there were at least 10 of them. I was surprised to see them in use, so I didn't know if that style of drum & paint scheme was more of a traditional German "look", vs. an HJ/Nazi "look." In my younger days, I always thought that all German items from WWII were uniquely Nazi creations, vs. taking traditional items and slapping a swas on them as part of the new order.

The costumes that were being worn looked to be, maybe 1780's-1800's?? It would be interesting to find out if they were originals repainted and refurbished, or if they are new ones made to that style (for whatever reason)

It's cheaper to restore old drums than buying new.

I don't think that the flame decoration is one of the forbidden NS symbols.

../henrik

Well, I came across a site while poking around the net. It appears that someone IS making drums with the HJ Flame Pattern these days :001_unsure:

Rob

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Greetings, Teutonic!

Belgian boyscout drum corps still use this "Flammentrommel" nowadays, a few years ago I saw a group of about 50 belgian boyscout drummers at a parade in our hometown.

The sound of these drums was very impressive, even their uniforms were similar to the former HJ uniforms...

Back then, my only "thought" was: "WOW!" :001_smile:

Häwelmann

Back