Please login to view user info
    No I'm out I have seen nothing like that as a banner before. I am new at this as well and goes without saying I have only seen what has been photographed.

Swallow tail type early pennant for the DJ. Blue and white could indicate Bavaria possibly. Need better photos to make a call if it appears good or not for me. Not super rare pennants but I would value higher than a standard triangular later style wimpel.

This pattern is the pre-1935 DJ Fähnlein Wimpel. They were replaced in that year by the large rectangular Fähnlein flag with the unit number in the top left corner. The emblem may be a town crest as this was a common practice at the time but other emblems were also used. You may be able to find the location by browsing this useful site.

Bavaria it is not, as they used the checkered blue and white normally.
    Town or area colors it will be.

thanks everyone for the assistance, what would the value of something like this be? I dont want to offer 600 if it is a 500 piece or offer 800 if it is a 600 piece. Thanks again, this is a great page.

I sold one 2 years ago the same - but without the town on the reverse - something is worth what someone wants to pay for it - If it's worth 2k to you - then that is what you will pay likewise it might only be worth £100 to you - The forum is not the place to ask for values - only for showing - and if authentic :)

Yeah, pricing these things is difficult. I would think somewhere like 300 to 400US.