Banner "Mannschaftswettkämpfe der Volksschulen Münster 1936"

Thanks Received
I expect it's been made locally, a lot of work has gone into it, but what does it mean? Does the back signify anything in particular?
With the colours I would have said BDM. Has anyone seen anything like this before?
All comments are appreciated thanks
Forever learning :)

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi John,

The stitching says: "Winner of the Münster schools team championships 1936" so this item may have been awarded to a Münster school team during the 1936 Deutsches Jugendfest. This annual youth sports competition was first held in 1929 and it was only in 1937 that the Hitler Youth gained full control over the physical education of all children in Germany. The competition then took on the name "Reichssportwettkämpfe der HJ" which until 1937 had been a HJ-only version of the Deutsches Jugendfest. In any case, in 1936 and earlier, participants in the Deutsches Jugendfest didn't have to be members of the Hitler Youth to take part so this banner can't really be viewed as a "HJ" item.

The sword was used fairly often on youth items and there are quite a few HJ tinnies that use it with the most prominent example I suppose being the 1. Reichsjugendtag Potsdam badge. The item bears a resemblance to the SA-Sturmabteilung banner doesn't it and of course it has the SA motto "Alles für Deutschland". It was probably attached to a carrying pole originally so that it could be held up high in front of the team.

Thanks Garry
It's different, at least. So many things "the same" It is difficult to get something out of the ordinary, even though I ended up paying a lot more than what I wanted to, I thought that being different was good :)

Back